Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) vide Notification dated 25th July, 2019 has notified Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Third Amendment Rules, 2019 by amending Rule 11 and 12A and Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Fourth Amendment Rules,2019 which are effective from 25th July 2019 .
To simplify the procedure for complying with the DIN KYC norms ministry has introduced the concept of DIR-3 KYC-WEB on 25th July 2019. In this service, data is pre-filled and user has to fill OTP sent on registered mobile no and email id.
In this article, we will try to resolve general questions relating to KYC of DIN holders.
1) Who needs to file DIR-3 KYC?
Every person holding valid DIN No and has already filled DIR-3KYC in the previous and want to update details like. Changes in, Permanent account no, Email id, Mobile No and email id.
2) I have not filled DIR-3 KYC in the previous year do I need to file DIR-3KYC.
Every DIN holder who has not filed form DIR-3KYC earlier need to file DIR-3 KYC.
3) What is the due date for filling form DIR-3 KYC
Every individual who holds a Director Identification Number (DIN) as on 31 March of a financial year shall, submit e-form DIR-3-KYC for the said financial year to the Central Government on or before 30th September of immediate next financial year.
4) Who needs to submit DIR – 3 KYC-WEB?
Every individual holding director Identification No and has filled DIR-3 KYC in the previous year has to submit DIR-3KYC web.
5) What is the due date for filling filing DIR–3 KYC-WEB?
The 30th September is the last date for filling DIR – 3 KYC WEB.
6) Is there any fees for filling DIR-3KYC and DIR-3KYC Web?
|Fee payable till the 30th September of every financial year in respect of e-form DIR-3 KYC or DIR-3KYC-WEB through web service, as the case may be, for the immediate previous financial year.||NIL|
|Fee payable (in delayed case).||Rs. 5000/-|
7) I want to change my name which procedure I have to follow.
The DIN holder who wants to change/corrections other than mobile no and email id has to file form DIR-6.
8) I want to change my Mobile No and Email id which procedure I have to follow.
The DIN holder who wants to change mobile no and email id have to file DIR_3KYC.
9) Do I need to attach digital signature certificate for Web base KYC.
There is no requirement to attach digital signature.
10) Do I need to attach proof of identity and proof of applicant and address In DIR-3 KYC WEB?
There is no need to attach any type of such documents in DIR-3 KYC WEB.
Steps for DIR3 KYC – Web-Based Verification
Disclaimer: The information contained in this write up is to provide a general guidance to the intended user. The information should not be used as a substitute for specific consultations. Authors recommend that professional advice is sought before taking any action on specific issues. The author can be however contacted for further clarification at 85600-29055 or via mail at email@example.com