Members may kindly refer to the Announcement dated 14th October 2021 vide which the procedure to exercise option to get polling booth re-allotted was specified in pursuance to Rule 5 and sub-rule 2 of Rule 6 of the Chartered Accountants (Election to the Council) Rules, 2006. The said Announcement is hosted on www.icai.org
Of late, certain instances have been brought to the notice specifying issues like :
– Delay in receipt of OTP through email;
– Requesting to do away with requirement of OTP through email;
– Registered Mobile Number and/or Email Id different than SSP; and
– Error message at the submission stage.
The entire online process of submission of options for re-allotment of polling booths as well its architecture was re-visited and no technical inconsistency or glitch came to notice. On further close examination, the following has been noted.
– Delay in receipt of OTP through email can be attributed to email host server being used by the member;
– OTP through email is a system authentication process and ought to stay;
– Members may please get their mobile number and /or email updated on the Self-service portal of the Institute; and
– Error message at the submission stage could be a local internet issue at user end.
In all such cases where the member is unable to enter his request successfully for re-allotment of polling booth despite repeated attempts, he may send scanned image of his request letter in the format duly signed from his registered email id to [email protected]
The format by email only duly filled-in, signed and scanned image should be received by the undersigned on or before :
11th November, 2021 if the change sought is from a city to new city in a different regional constituency in terms of Rule 6(2).
18th November 2021 if the change sought is from a polling booth to another polling booth in the same regional constituency in terms of Rule 5.
It is however clarified that the Returning Officer, may at his discretion, permit such manual request wherever he is satisfied that the request is genuine.
CA (Dr) Jai Kumar Batra
Returning Officer and Acting Secretary
5th November, 2021