Allahabad Bank invites applications as per prescribed format from practicing firms of Chartered Accountants/ Retired Officials of own Bank who are willing for empanelment as Concurrent / Revenue Auditor in the Bank for year 2019-20 .
(A GOVERNMENT OF INDIA UNDERTAKING)
HEAD OFFICE : 2, NETAJI SUBHAS ROAD, KOLKATA-700 001
CONCURRENT AUDIT CELL, Inspection Department -14 India Exchange Place
4th Floor Kolkata PHONE – 033-2242 – 0919 /033-22627044
FAX -2231-2422, E-MAIL- firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Concurrent/Revenue Audit (Year 2019-20)
BIO-DATA FORMAT (Year 2019-20)
1. Allahabad Bank invites applications as per prescribed format from practicing firms of Chartered Accountants firms/Retired Officials of Allahabad Bank who are willing for empanelment as Concurrent / Revenue Auditor in the Bank.
2. The panel of Auditors maintained last year (including existing concurrent auditors) expiring in September 2019 will not be further used. Hence, all the concurrent auditors (except Banks retired officials) selected earlier have also to apply afresh for the empanelment process.
3. The applications should be submitted to the ‘Deputy General Manager, Inspection Deptt, Concurrent Audit Cell, Head office, Fourth Floor, 14, India Exchange Place, Kolkata –700001’ by Registered or speed post or by courier only.
4. “Application for empanelment for Concurrent/Revenue Audit-2019-20” (either FRESH or RENEWAL with UCN) should be mentioned on the top of the envelope carrying the applications.
5. Mere submission of application does not, in any way, constitute guarantee for allotment of any audit job from the Bank. After empanelment, the work will be allotted as & when need arises at the sole discretion of the Bank.
6. The following type of audit firms are not required to submit their application :
a) If Firm / its proprietor / any partner has been disqualified / de-empanelled or whose appointment has been terminated by RBI/ ICAI/ IBA/ Bank / any other Bank on an earlier occasion.
b) Audit firms who have conducted statutory audit of Allahabad bank branches for the year 2018-19.
c) Associate concerns of Audit firms who have conducted statutory audit of Allahabad bank branches for the year 2018-19, defined as under by RBI:
“Associate concerns means any corporate body or partnership firm wherein the proprietor and/or partner(s) of the statutory audit firm and/or their relative(s) is/are Directors or partners and/or jointly or severally hold 20% or more of the interest in the corporate body or partnership. “Relative” for this purpose will mean the spouse or any lineal ascendant or descendant of the proprietor or partner of the statutory audit firm.”
7. If the space provided against any item in the application format is not sufficient, details may be furnished in a separate sheet.
8. All enclosures must be attested as true copy under seal by the proprietor/at least one partner (in case of partnership firm).
9. The application form should be signed in full by all partners.
10. Any change in the application format will result in rejection of the same.
11. The last date for receipt of applications is 14th August, 2019. Please send the application in such a way that it must reach at the above address (mentioned at point no.3), latest by 14th August 2019 up to 5.00 PM. positively. The application received thereafter will not be accepted /entertained and will be returned undelivered.
12. Please enclose the undernoted documents only along with Summary Sheet (Annexure A) & Bio-data form (Annexure B).
i) Latest MEF Confirmation certificate issued by ICAI as on 31.01.2019.
ii) CISA Certificate.
iii) DISA Certificate.
iv) NISM Certificate.
v) PAN Card Certificate of the Firm/Co.
vi) Latest Statutory Audit Appointment letter issued by any Bank.
vii) Latest Concurrent Audit Appointment letter issued by any Bank (One Only)
B. Selection and eligibility criterion of external Concurrent Auditors:
Appointment of external Chartered Accountant firms as Concurrent Auditors will be done with the following basic criterion:
i) The audit firm preferably should be in the RBI panel.
ii) Weight age will be given to the audit firms where the partners themselves were ex bankers, DISA, CISA holders.
iii) Preferably it should be a partnership firm of Chartered Accountants.
iv) Experience in Statutory/Concurrent Audit of banks will also be examined.
a) The firm should have necessary office set up and adequate personnel to ensure proper deployment and timely completion of the assignments.
b) The firm has to disclose if it has been debarred by ICAI / RBI / IBA/ Allahabad Bank in the past. In such cases, the firm is not eligible for appointment as Concurrent Auditor.
c) The audit firm or any sister / associate concern / network firm is not conducting the Statutory Audit of our Bank or any of its Branches.
d) The firm should execute an undertaking of fidelity & secrecy on its letter head in the format prescribed by the Bank.
e) Bank reserves its right to review the appointment and performance of Concurrent audit firms ( as per job assigned to execute in time bound manner and in case the firm fails to report irregularities also ) , at any point of time and if found necessary, can cancel the appointment by giving one month’s notice.
f) The assignment should be carried out in a professional manner and in case of any misconduct & negligence; the Bank is free to report the matter to ICAI / RBI under the guidelines from time to time. This will be in addition to the disengagement from the assignment
g) The firm should be responsible for failure to detect frauds / major deficiencies in implementation of control mechanism / revenue loss etc.
h) The Chartered Accountant firm entrusted with the Concurrent Audit has to submit declaration that none of the partners in their individual capacity or through allied and associate firms are directly or indirectly involved in Concurrent Audit of other Branches of Allahabad Bank. Sub-contracting is strictly prohibited and will be liable for immediate termination of assignment.
i) They will also have to submit declaration that credit facilities availed by the firm or partners or firms in which they are partners or directors including any facility availed by a third party for which the firm or its partners are guarantor/s have not turned or are existing as non-performing assets as per the prudential norms of RBI. In case the declaration is found incorrect, the assignment would get terminated besides the firm being liable for any action under ICAI / RBI guidelines.
C. Selection and eligibility criterion of Retired Bank Officers:
1. An Officer who has retired from the Bank as Scale- IV & above.
2. The officers who have been removed/ dismissed from Bank service shall not be eligible.
3. No case of CBI or any other law enforcement agency should be pending against the officers.
4. The retired officers’ commitment, diligence and integrity should have been good during his/her service period.
5. An experience of minimum 20 years service in our Bank with a satisfactory track record.
6. Branch experience of minimum 7 years as an officer.
7. Worked as an incumbent branch in-charge for a period of minimum 05 years.
8. Handled credit portfolio of a branch as an officer for a minimum period of 5 years.
9. Worked in HO Inspection/FIO/In-charge of inspection department in FGMO/ZO having Credit background for a minimum period of 03 year.
10. For being eligible to be considered as concurrent auditor for the first time, the official has to apply within 02 years of his retirement from Bank’s service. (Retired between 31.07.2017 to 31.07.2019 will be eligible only)
Terms & Conditions for retired officials:
1.The tenure of concurrent audit would be initially for one year i.e. from 1st October 2019 to 30th September 2020 and would be extended for further period of two years (Over all 03 years) based on the performance of the auditor in the last year, after which an auditor could be shifted to another branch/ branches subject to satisfactory performance.
2.After one year of empanelment, fresh application will not be invited from retired Bank officials at the time of renewal for 2nd / 3rd year. Appointment will be extended on the basis of age limit and satisfactory performance in the last year. However, fresh application will be invited after completion of three years.
3. In the case of unsatisfactory performance, the assignment will be cancelled for the next year after giving 30 days notice.
4. Retired officer of own Bank appointed as auditor will carry out the Concurrent Audit related all activities including verification of securities as per Bank norms.
5.The Branch applied by retired staff of own Bank is to be within a maximum distance of 75 KM from his/ her residence.
6.The eligible retired staff of own Bank appointed as auditor will be given audit assignment of maximum two branches at a time.
7. Concurrent Audit is to be done on daily basis.
Fee payable to Concurrent Auditors:
|Branches with total Business||Audit Fee (in Rupees, Per
Month Plus GST)
|Service Branches /CAPC/HUB/Back Office/HO Dept/ RMPC/ KPK||12,000|
|Up to Rs.50 Cr with Credit outstanding of Rs.15 Cr & above||12,000|
|Above Rs.50.00 to Rs.100 Cr.||13,000|
|Above 100 Cr to 150 Cr||14,000|
|Above 150 Cr to 200 Cr||16,000|
|Above 200 Cr to 500 Cr||18,000|
|Above 500 Cr to 1000 Cr||20,000|
|Above 1000 Cr & FCTM||25,000|
Fee payable for Top 100 branches :
The fee structure for the top 100 branches is additional 20% of normal fee for conducting more focused audit by concurrent audit in top 100 branches including SIBs.
Though the remuneration has been fixed on monthly basis, the same shall be payable only on quarterly basis on submission of reports as above, by the Zonal Office concerned on being satisfied as regards adequacy and coverage of all the points mentioned in the check-list. TDS will be deducted in the eligible cases as per rules.
11. Other General Terms & Conditions :
1. Concurrent Audit has very important role in identifying System lapses, irregularities of every type, income leakage, ensuring compliance of terms of sanction for advances, detecting frauds, pointing out symptoms of sickness in time, etc.
2. Quality of Concurrent Audit is reflected in reducing number of irregularities, absence of persisting irregularities as RBI envisages that Auditor should also educate staff about hazards of deviation from Systems and Procedures. If Concurrent Audit is effective, it should also result in up gradation of the Branch in annual inspection and / or maintaining higher-level ratings obtained ( Low – medium risk under RBIA)
3. Concurrent Audit has been implemented ON LINE. The Concurrent Auditors have to report on line as per guided instructions. Concurrent Auditor has to generate tickets in check list on line system on regular basis i.e. on date of observation of irregularity / deficiency. Deviation from the above reporting system will be treated as non compliance.
4. Zonal Head / Inspection Department may not pay the bill if any report is not submitted as per the time schedule / within the time schedule / or if the same has not been compiled as per the instructions / guidelines or not submitted in the prescribed format or is otherwise found unsatisfactory or monthly Report and quarterly e-Report (Non generating tickets on real time basis when irregularity observed) is not received as per guidelines.
5. Bank reserves right to initiate stringent disciplinary action against the Concurrent Auditor in case Frauds / sizeable income leakage are reported at later date in Concurrent Audit Branches & also in deserving cases the facts may be reported to RBI & ICAI.
6. Empanelled Chartered Accountants will be allotted the Concurrent Audit work initially for a period of one year. On completion of the year, if the performance is found satisfactory, the assignment may be renewed for subsequent years on yearly basis, subject to maximum of three years. Then one year cooling period is given compulsorily to the Auditors, during which no Concurrent Audit work of any Branch is allotted. On completion of cooling period, the Auditor may be given Concurrent Audit work of other Branch if found suitable.
7. The Bank reserves its right to review the appointment at any point of time and if necessary, can cancel the appointment by giving one month’s notice. In case the firm fails to report serious irregularities / high value income leakage, Bank reserves right to report the matter to RBI / ICAI / IBA for initiating necessary action. Such firms will be black listed and they will not be eligible for assignment of audit work with Bank for next five years.
8. If the RBIA rating of the Branch is downgraded, the performance of the Concurrent Auditor shall be critically examined and reviewed for deciding continuance of service or otherwise.
9. If the Concurrent Auditor fails to detect and report irregularities/deviations from laid down policies/norms, his services are liable to be terminated without any notice.
10.If the Concurrent Auditor fails to attend the Branch on day-to-day basis or the attendance of the Partner / Proprietor of the firm is found to be poor, his services are liable to be terminated without any notice.
11.If any concurrent auditor fails to identify revenue leakage / other irregularities, which our bank’s internal inspector detects during course of regular inspection, a letter of explanation will be served to auditor and if reply is found not satisfactory, services of Concurrent Auditor may be terminated.
12. Areas to be covered /examined by the Concurrent Auditors.
The concurrent auditors are required to verify / examine and report the deviations pertaining to all the transactions of the concerned branch broadly covering Cash, Deposit, Advances, AML , Housekeeping, Bills, Impersonal heads, Remittances, Ancillary Services, Government Business (if any), Customer service, Complaints, Submission of control returns, Merchant Banking (if any), Profitability, Computer operations/ Overseas Direct Investment transactions, reconciliation of all logs generated from SWIFT environment for all financial and non financial transactions on daily basis, to verify rectification status of LFAR observations and certification thereof etc.
G. Purpose of Concurrent Audit.
Transaction checking on continuous basis and providing early warning signal in following areas:
i. Detection & Realization of Revenue Leakage.
ii. Documentation including mortgage.
iii. Quality of appraisal including checking of verification of UDIN by branch officials on document, confirmation by CA’s
iv. Compliance of Bank’s Lending Policy.
v. Compliance of terms of sanction and procedural formalities.
vi. Credit Monitoring aspect (Credit Audit, Legal Audit, Stock Audit, DeVA approval, LAMP, Insurance coverage etc.)
vii.Adherence to system & procedures. Top sheet implementation
viii. Any fraudulent activity.
ix. Checking of observance of KYC norms/Junk PAN/ Pseudo named accounts
x. Submission of various key Returns
xi. Availability / generation of various reports for audit purposes in CBS platform
xii. Forex Business, wherever applicable, reconciliation of all logs generated from SWIFT environment for all financial and non financial transactions on daily basis.
xiii. Verification of master data creation in borrowal accounts.
xiv. To scrutinize the overseas direct investment transaction, if any, and to Certificate for overseas direct investment as per check list.
xv. Certificate for intermediary accounts (wherever applicable) should be issued quarterly basis.
xvi. Coverage of retail credit loans in branch including reporting deviations observed, if any.
xvii. Verification of currency chest transaction with link branch including verification of Cash balance as per RBI guidelines/requirement.
xviii. Checking of sanctioned interest rate applied in bulk deposit (Rs 2.00 Crore and above in single a/c).
Types of activities to be covered:
i. The concurrent audit will see whether the transactions or decisions are within the policy/laid down parameters fixed by the Head office.
ii. They do not violate the instructions or policy guidelines of the RBI.
iii. The transactions are within the delegated authority.
iv. Concurrent Audit is risk based Online where irregularities of various areas like Advances, Deposits, NPA management, Housekeeping etc are described in Check List and auditor has to feed check list at the moment he /she observes any deviation. If tickets are not generated on real time basis, Bank has right to cancel his appointment.
v. In addition to it there is manual part also in the reporting format, where auditor has to report irregularities.
vi. The coverage should include documentation/ rate of interest applied/ commission, charges, adherence to margin norms etc.
13. Key Scrutiny Areas suggested by RBI:
i. Items of coverage suggested by Reserve Bank of India are Cash, Deposits, Safe Custody of Securities, Investments, Overdue Bills, Exercise of Discretionary Powers, Sundry and Suspense Accounts, Inter-Branch Reconciliation, Clearing differences, Foreign Exchange Business including reconciliation of Nostro Accounts, KYC verification for advance remittances, Scrutiny of Bills of lading, Off Balance Sheet items like Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees, Treasury Functions etc. which are included in the Audit Manual meant for Concurrent Auditors.
ii. Minimum areas to be covered by concurrent auditors are more structured. More focus has been given on control measures on fraud prone areas. Special thrust has been given transaction testing in relation to high risk transactions having large financial implications.
iii. Adequate comments/ observations are required in areas like KYC compliance, review of accounts, risk categorization and adherence to regulatory guidelines in respect of bills discounting and advance remittance against import/ exports.
The Auditors are also required:
1. To submit Quarterly certificate regarding compliance of RBI guidelines in transactions in Intermediary E-payment Settlement accounts to Zonal office with quarterly report and one copy to Head Office Inspection department, 14 India Exchange Place Kolkata in separate envelop for branches dealing with e- payment settlement accounts.
2. Depository Participants (DP) a/cs verifications and certification of NSDL/ CDSL reports of the Depository Participants branches.
3. To ensure closure of all impersonal accounts opened in Current / Savings Bank account.
4. To ensure spot rectification of the irregularities on regular basis.
5. To verify that no pseudo named accounts exist in system.
6. To verify that no JUNK/ INVALID PAN entered in the system.
7. To verify that Compliance of Zero Tolerance Level (ZTL) and Fraud Sensitivity Index (FSI) are meticulously followed.
8. To verify that Top Sheet has been properly filled in, evaluated and kept in respective files.
9. To verify that the accounts being opened are duly KYC complied.
10.To verify & report position of IRAC classification on the prescribed formats on quarterly basis.
11.Checking of diversion of funds/ willful defaulter (to be reported to Recovery Deptt H.O. under copy to Concurrent Audit Cell H.O. by a Special report)
12.To check and verify master data entered in CBS system both for deposit and loan accounts. Ensure that all terms and conditions including repayment schedule for each loan account, in CBS system are as per latest sanction letter.
13.To verify from master data that all terms and conditions of restructuring, as per latest sanction letter, has been incorporated by branch in CBS system.
14 To check & issue a certificate about the bonafides of the forex transactions undertaken by the branch including the correctness of Form A-1 & A-2 (for branches dealing in foreign
15 To check & certify claims of turnover commission / agency commission on government business in case of link branches.
16 To check & certify statement required by Head office, RBI etc regarding branch’s business i.e. statement of all old irrecoverable balances in flabby asset accounts.
17 To verify unusual activities (Deposit & withdrawal of cash) in-
i. Dormant & Inoperative a/cs and usually low balance a/cs.
ii. Newly opened accounts.
iii. Non KYC complied accounts.
18. To verify that unit visit report in extant format is duly filled in, evaluated and kept in respective file of borrowers.
19. To verify that all fresh disbursed loan document files have approver certificate under DeVA (Documents Electronic Verification and Approval ) and to check that document archival is properly maintained as well as the documents are systematically arranged.
20. To verify that LAMP is being implement as per laid down norms.
21. To verify rectification status of LFAR observations and certification thereof.
22. Reconciliation of all logs generated from SWIFT environment for all financial and non financial transactions on daily basis.
23. Further, the Concurrent Auditor should also certify the following important issues
a) To submit certificate regarding Verification, authentication and preservation of exceptional transactions reports (Monthly)
b) To submit certificate regarding submission of claims under interest subvention on eligible Housing/education and export credit as also agricultural credit (fresh and regular repayment)
c) Conducting Quarterly review of accounts in selected Branches as per RBI guidelines.
d) To check/verify/certify old irrecoverable balances, un-reconciled/unadjusted entries, flabby assets etc.
e) Following guidelines given in RBI Circular No. DBS/ARS/NO/BC/08/08.92.001/2012-13 dated 25.06.2013 should be followed:
“In respect of few branches below the cut-off point, which are subject to concurrent audit by Chartered Accountants , LFARs and other certifications done earlier by SBAs will now be submitted by the concurrent auditors and such branches may not generally be subject to statutory audit“ Auditors are to submit LFAR and other certifications.
The auditors are also to review and certify quarterly / half yearly ended balance sheet, Profit & Loss statement and other related certificates. (The concerned Branch Concurrent Auditors will be advised separately in this regard).
f) Checking and reporting of outstanding TDS demands & unconsumed challans from FY 2007-08 to 2018-19.
g) Certificate for overseas direct investment, if any.
h) To verify compilation of DSB returns by the branch.
24. Flash Report:
In case of detection of following serious irregularities, the auditors will submit a “Flash report” immediately to the Executive Director & the General Manager (Inspection & General Administration) Head office under copy to the concerned Zonal office:
a) In advances having total credit limit of Rs.5.00 Crore & above:
i) If account remain continuously overdrawn for three months or more
ii. No operation / turnover in the account for three months or more
iii. Dilution of security without approval
iv. Misappropriation / diversion of funds disbursed
v. If stock is not found as per stock statement and also no Book debt Audit made.
vi. Substantial unjustified decrease in hypothecated stock not supported by proportionate reduction in debit balance.
25. Special Report:
In case of detection of fraudulent transactions involving mollified, corrupt practices and gross in-discipline or anything susceptible to be fraud or fraudulent activity or any act of exceeding vested power by the branch or if auditor smells out any foul play in any transaction, the same should not only be included in regular report but also should be immediately reported by a separate Special Report to the Zonal office and as well as the General Manager (Inspection) Head office.
26. The check-list is only indicative and the audit firm should also comply with and execute any given assignment subsequently with reference to the conduct of audit in any functional areas of the branch including visit of the units. No separate remuneration shall be payable by the Bank for any assignment taken under such request.
1) Please attach Summary of Bio Data for Chartered Accountant Firms For the Year -2019-2020 (ANNEXURE A) on top of Application for inclusion of name in the panel of chartered accountants for concurrent / revenue audit (ANNEXURE B).
2) Please don’t attach any other document except the above. Attaching document other than the above will result in Non Consideration of the application.
PLEASE FILL AND ATTACH THIS FORMAT AT THE TOP OF YOUR APPLICATION POSITIVELY
Summary of Bio Data for Chartered Accountant Firms For the Year -2019-2020
|Summary of Bio Data Chartered Accountants|
|1||RBI Unique Code No (UCN NO)|
|2||Firm Registration No ( FRN)|
|3||Name of the Audit Firm|
|4||Registered Address (Head office)|
|5||Address(Head office) (City)|
|7||State with PIN Code no|
|8||Address (Phone no/ Mobile No)|
|9||Address (Email Address)|
|10||Branch/s of the Firm (Please mention Name of the City only)|
|11||Category of the Firm as on 31.03.2019|
|12||No of Partners (If Proprietorship please mention 1 )|
|Please mention only YES or NO in below fields, as applicable|
|13||Whether Passed DISA|
|14||Whether Passed CISA|
|15||Whether FCA / ACA|
|16||Any Partner/ Prop. is having valid NISM Certificate (Name of the Partner & Number)|
|17||Any Partner/ Prop. passed course on Concurrent Audit conducted by ICAI*|
|18||Any partner/ Proprietor is Ex-banker|
|19||Firm’s experience of Statutory Audit of Nationalized Bank|
|20||Firm’s experience of Concurrent Audit of Nationalized Bank|
|21||Firm debarred/ de empanelled by ICAI/RBI/any Bank|
APPLICATION FOR INCLUSION OF NAME IN THE PANEL OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS FOR CONCURRENT / REVENUE AUDIT
01. Name of the Audit firm :
02. RBI Unique Code No (UCN NO.):
03. Registration No. of firm with ICAI:
04. Category of Firm :
(As per RBI Panel of Statutory Auditors)
05. Address- (Head office)/Sub Office :
06. Date of Establishment
07. PAN No. of firm :
08. GST NO :
09. Phone number (With STD NO) of H.O.:
10. Mobile No. of Main Partner
11. E-mail address :
12. Details of branch Of Firm
|Name of branch||Address||Phone /Mobile No & e-mail.|
13. Constitution (Proprietorship/ Partnership): ……………………
Particulars of Full time partners / proprietor:
|S. No||Name||Age||ICAI Membership No.||Whether
FCA / ACA
passed course on concurrent
|Whether any partner/ Prop. is Ex- banker **||Any partner/ Prop is having valid NISM Certificate*|
(Copy of UCN No., Partnership deed & Copy of constitution Certificate issued by the ICAI certifying the constitution of the firm & it’s branches as on 01.01.2019 to be enclosed. If there is any change after 01.01.2019, latest certificate & latest partnership deed may be submitted).
*(Xerox copies of the certificates to be enclosed. Certificate of practical training or Eligibility test are not at all required.
**If any partner is ex-banker, his concerned service certificate is to be submitted.
All partners / proprietor mentioned above are full time practicing Chartered Accountants & not employed elsewhere.
14. Past experience of Important Bank assignment (Experience of Firm only to be mentioned. Separate experience of partners with any other firm is not to be mentioned) -Details of the important bank assignment(s) completed in the last 5 years and those in hand at present
Experience of Statutory Audit of Nationalized Banks:
|Name of Bank||Name of branch||Year|
(Copy of appointment letter for latest assignment to be enclosed)
15. Experience of Concurrent Audit of Nationalised Banks /Major Private Sector banks*
|Name of Bank||Name of branch||Year|
(Copy of appointment letter for latest ONE assignment to be enclosed) *No other audit to be mentioned here except Concurrent Audit.
16. Experience of concurrent audit of specialized functions in Nationalized Banks / Major Private Sector banks (i.e. treasury, forex, dealing room, I.S.Audit & risk based internal audit- No other audit like Revenue audit or stock audit to be mentioned here):
|Nature of audit||Name of Bank||Name of branch||Year|
(Copy of appointment letter for latest assignment to be enclosed)
17. If firm or partners / proprietor has taken any advance or guarantee for third party advances from Allahabad Bank, please furnish necessary details as under:
|Name of firm/ partner/ proprietor||Name of Bank’s Branch||Nature of advance & Dr. balance as on date|
18. Whether the firm or any partner have ever been debarred /de-empanelled by ICAI/RBI/our Bank/any other Bank. If yes, details to be mentioned:
19. Bank Account Number with IFSC code for making payment (preferably in Allahabad Bank) :
20. Any other details :
I/We further confirm that:
a) Any other firm where my / our proprietor / partner is interested as proprietor / partner shall not submit bio-data
b) The firm / any partner was not statutory auditor or sister/associate concern/Network firm of Statutory auditors of branches of Allahabad Bank for the year 2018-19 & I/we are not disqualified under any of grounds given in the Companies Act,1956
c) Credit facilities availed by the firm or partners / proprietor or firms in which they are partners or directors including any facility availed by a third party for which the firm and it’s partners / proprietor are/is guarantor/s have not turned or are existing as Non-performing assets as per the prudential norms of RBI.
d) I/We have necessary office set up & adequate personnel to ensure proper deployment and timely completion of assignments.
e) The assignment will not be given on sub-contract to any outside firm or other persons even though such persons are qualified Chartered Accountants.
f) If my/ our name is included in the Bank’s list of approved CAs/Consultants, I / we will undertake to do the tasks entrusted to me / us in the best interest of the Bank & in a professional manner & I/We shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Bank in force from time to time and will always keep the bank’s interest foremost in mind. In case of any misconduct / negligence, the Bank is free to report the matter to RBI / ICAI. This will be in addition to the disengagement from the assignment.
g) The details / information furnished above are/is true and correct. If any detail furnished above is found incorrect later on, the Bank has the right to terminate the assignment, if given any, without giving any notice.
Signature of All partners with Name
and ICAI Membership No.Office Seal
Note- If there is any change in the constitution/Head Office / branches as per submission of last MEF please advice.
Application Form for Retired Officials
(Not to be submitted by existing Retired Officials)
The Dy General Manager
Concurrent Audit Cell- Head Office
4th floor, 14-India Exchange Place, Kolkata – 700 001.
Application for Appointment as Concurrent Auditor.
I submit my application for the post of Concurrent Auditor of our Bank. I furnish my brief particular as under.
Name (in Capital Letter)………………………………………………
Date of Birth……………………………..
…………………………………………………………………………………………… Permanent Address
Mobile No…………………………….. Email ID……………………………..
Pension Account No. with name of branch……………………………..
Date of Appointment in Bank……………………………..(As……………………………..)
Date of Retirement……………………………..
Retired in Scale……………………………..
Completed years of service……………………………..
Experience as Officer:
|Experience||No. of Years/Months|
|Total Branch exposure as an Officer.|
|As In-charge of branch.|
|As Department Head at ZO/FGMO.|
|As Department Head at H.O.|
|In Field Inspection Office|
|Experience in International branches (Period & Branch Name)|
|Experience in VL/EL & IFBs (Period with Branch Name)|
Whether Removed/Dismissed from Bank’s service:
Whether any case of CBI or any other law enforcing agency is pending :
Preferred branch /Zone for Concurrent Audit. Distance from Residence
Last 5 Years Posting before retirement
|S.NO||Branch||ZONE||PERIOD From -To|
If my name is included in the Bank’s list of Concurrent Auditors, I will undertake to do the tasks entrusted to me in the best interest of the Bank and in a professional manner. I shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Bank in force from time to time and will always keep the Bank’s interest foremost in mind. In case of any misconduct/ negligence, the Bank shall be free to disengage me from the assignment.
The details/information furnished above are true and correct. If any detail furnished above is found incorrect later on, Bank shall have right to terminate the assignment, if given any, without giving me any notice.
(Photo copy of ID Card issued by Bank to retired officer, PAN Card & Aadhar card to be submitted)
“Dos & Do not”
DO’S AND DON’TS FOR CONCURRENT AUDITORS
|1. Pre concurrent audit study of the branch/ department should be done getting all relevant information and off site surveillance reports of the auditee available in system.|
|2.Prepare proper audit plan based on 1 above, covering all the areas of the scope, keeping in the view the time lines|
|3. Have a structured introductory meeting with the auditee and seek all the information required in advance with proper time schedule. Introduce the audit team to the auditee officials.|
|4.Audit team should accompanied by senior and experienced members as required.|
|5.Auditors to display team spirit and avoid misunderstandings/ arguments in the presence of auditees.|
|6.Discuss his findings with branch officials regularly i.e. on daily basis / weekly basis, depending upon it’s seriousness & try to rectify the defects then and there itself.|
|7.Give auditees a chance to express their opinion while discussing the issues. Getting proper explanation in a co-operative atmosphere will save precious time.|
|8.In case of difference of opinion with auditee, the auditor should first discuss with the leader of his team. Further discussion with zonal office may be made, if required.|
|9.In case, auditor comes across any information which causes him to suspect any element of fraud, gross negligence, gross incompetence or similar unfavorable actions or tendencies, he should report the matter to the leader of the team immediately who will in turn submit a special report.|
|10.Auditor should keep utmost secrecy of the information/ audit observations/ issues etc. relating to the auditee.|
|11.Be courteous, cooperative and professional.|
|1.Auditor will not accept any professional work on behalf of customers of the concerned branch, after accepting the audit during it’s whole tenure. However, the Auditor may continue with those customers of the branch with whom they have professional relationship prior to their appointment as Concurrent Auditor.|
|2.Auditor should not take advantage of his association as concurrent auditor with the branch/ department of the bank and canvas for any client/ business with the bank either directly or indirectly.|
|3.Auditor should not share/ pass on/ discuss any audit related observations/ issues/ findings with any one other than concerned in the bank.|
|4.Auditor need not act overly reserved or unfriendly in order to maintain his independence as an auditing officer. A forbidding attitude on his part may well cause others to adopt the same attitude towards him. This can adversely affect the work entrusted to the inspecting officer.|
|5.Auditor should not get involved in heated argument with auditee.|
|6.Auditor should not give orders to auditee and seek requirements from the officer assigned to assist him on a particular job. The concerned officer would issue the necessary orders to their employees if he accepts inspector’s suggestions and recommendations.|
|7.Auditor should not delay the submission of audit report|
|Minimum Audit Programme for Concurrent Audit System in Commercial Banks DBS.CO.ARS.No. BC. 2/08.91.021/2015-16 July 16, 2015|
|A||Cash transactions -Verify|
|(i)||Surprise physical verification of cash at branch and ATM along with safekeeping|
|(ii)||Daily cash custody transactions, particularly any abnormal receipts & payments.|
|(iii)||Surprise verification of cash by an officer other than the joint custodian.|
|(iv)||Proper accounting of and availability of insurance cover for inward and outward cash remittances.|
|(v)||Accounting of currency chest transactions and delays/omission in reporting to|
|(vi)||Reporting of Counterfeit Currency.|
|(vii)||All cash transactions of Rs. 10 lakh and above reported in CTR.|
|(viiii)||That all cash transaction of Rs. 50,000 and above invariably indicate Pan|
|B||Clearing transactions -Verify|
|(i)||Reconciliation with bank’s account at Clearing House and review of old outstanding entries for reconciliation.|
|(ii)||Drawings allowed against un-cleared instruments – sanction by the controlling authority.|
|C||Remittances/Bills for Collection -Verify|
|(i)||Remittance of funds by way of DDs/TTs/MTs/TC/NEFT/RTGS any other mode in cash exceeding the prescribed limit.|
|(ii)||Documents of title (lorry receipts, railway receipts, etc.) obtained in favour of the bank and the concerned transporters are on the IBA approved list.|
|(iii)||Outstanding balance in DP and other transit accounts pending payment beyond prescribed period.|
|(i)||Adherence to KYC/AML guidelines in opening of fresh accounts and monitoring of transactions in such accounts.|
|(ii)||Large term deposits received and repaid including checking of repayment of term deposit in cash beyond permissible limit.|
|(iii)||Accounts opened and closed within a short span of time i.e., accounts with quick mortlty|
|(vi)||Activation and operations in inoperative accounts.|
|(v)||Value dated transactions.|
|(vi)||Settlement of claims of deceased customers and payment of TDRs against lost receipts and obtention of indemnities, etc. To check revival of dormant accounts and accounts with minimum activites.|
|(vii)||Examination of multiple credits to single accounts.|
|E||Treasury operations -Verify|
|(i)||If branch has acted within HO instructions for purchase and sale of securities.|
|(ii)||Periodic confirmation of Derivative contracts with counterparties.|
|(iii)||Adherence to regulatory guidelines with respect to Treasury deals/structured|
|(iv)||Controls around deal modification/cancellation/deletion, wherever applicable.|
|(v)||Cancellation of forward contracts and passing/recovery of exchange gain/loss.|
|(vi)||Gaps and OPL maintained in different currencies vis-à-vis prescribed limit for the|
|(vii)||Reconciliation of Nostro and Vostro accounts-balances in Nostro accounts in different foreign currencies are within the limits prescribed by the bank.|
|(viii)||Collection of underlying documents for Derivative & Forward contracts. Delays, if|
|(ix)||Instances of booking and cancellation of forward contracts with the same counterparty within a span of couple of days or a few days.|
|(x)||Sample checks some of the deals and comment on the correctness of computation|
|(xi)||Checking of application money, reconciliation of SGL account, compliance to RBI|
|(xii)||Checking of custody of unused BR Forms & their utilization in terms of Master Circular on|
|(xiii)||To ensure that the treasury operations of the bank have been conducted in Portfolio by banks. accordance with the instructions issued by the RBI from time to time.|
|F||Loans & Advances-Verify|
|(i)||Report Bills/cheques purchased, if in the nature of accommodation bills.|
|(ii)||Proper follow-up of overdue bills purchased/ discounted/ negotiated.|
|(iii)||Fresh loans and advances (including staff advances) have been sanctioned properly and in accordance with delegated authority.|
|(iv)||Reporting of instances of exceeding delegated powers to controlling/head office by the branch and have been confirmed or ratified by the competent authority.|
|(v)||Securities and documents have been received as applicable to particular loan.|
|(vi)||Securities have been properly charged/ registered and valued by competent person. Whether the same has been entered in the bank’s system.|
|(vii)||All conditions of sanction have been complied with.|
|(viii)||Master data relating to limit, rate of interest, EMI, moratorium period details have been correctly entered and updated/modified in the system.|
|(ix)||Value dated entries passed in advances accounts.|
|(x)||Post disbursement supervision and follow-up is proper, such as timely receipt of stock and book debt statements, QIS data, analysis of financial data submitted by borrower, verification of|
|(xi)||Whether there is any misutilisation of the loans d whether there are instances indicative of diversion of funds.|
|(xii)||Compliance of prudential norms on income recognition, asset classification and provisioning pertaining to advances.|
|(xiii)||Whether monthly updating of drawing power in the computer system on the basis of stock statements/book debt statement/ other financial data received from the or owers.|
|(xiv)||Recovery in compromise cases is in accordance with the terms and conditions of the compromise agreement.|
|(xv)||To check review and renewal of loans.|
|(i)||LC/BG issued/amended as per the approved format/model guarantee prescribed and standard limitation clause incorporated. Whether counter indemnity obtaned as pr scribed.|
|(ii)||Any deviation from the tems of sanction in regard to margin, security, purpose, period, beneficiary, collection of charges, commission/fee, etc.|
|(iii)||Whether payment is made to the debit of party’s account on due date without creating overdraft/debiting suspense, in case of deferred payment|
|H||Foreign guarantee Exchange transactions-Verify|
|(i)||Recovery of charges as per HO Guidelines.|
|(ii)||Packing credit released, whether backed by LC or confirmed export order.|
|(iii)||Availability of ECGC cover and compliance with ECGC terms.|
|(iv)||Submission of statutory returns on export/ import transactions, like BEF statements, XOS, write off of export bills, etc. Follow up of outstanding export bills and exchange control copy of bill of entry.|
|(v)||Irregularities in opening of new accounts and operation in NRO, FCNR, NRE, EEFC, etc., and debits/credits entries permissible under the rules.|
|(vi)||Whether operations in FCRA accounts are as permitted by MHA and FCRA|
|(vii)||Booking, guidelines.utilization, extension and cancellation of forward contracts.|
|I||House Keeping -Verify|
|(i)||Exceptional transaction reports are generated and verified by branch staff as|
|(ii)||Review of all balance sheet heads and outstanding entries in accounts, e.g., suspense, sundry and inter-bank accounts. Review of follow up of entries pending|
|(iii)||Scrutiny of daily vouchers with more emphasis on high value transaction including high value expenses and debit entries in Suspense account.|
|(iv)||Debits in accounts where signatures are pending for scanning.|
|(v)||Whether records related to KYC/vouchers and other critical areas are sent to specific places like archival center, record room as per stipulated periodicity.|
|(vi)||Adherence to KYC/AML guidelines in opening fresh account and subsequent modifications of records and monitoring of transaction.|
|(vii)||Verification of IBD(Inland Bills Discounting)/ Bills Remitted entries.|
|J||Verification of Merchant Banking Business-Verify|
|(i)||Whether the instructions given by the controlling branch are properly followed where the branch acts as a collecting branch for issue business.|
|(ii)||Whether daily collection position is advised to the controlling branch.|
|(iii)||Whether recovery of the commission/fees and out of pocket expenses as agreed with the respective companies and whether the competent authority has duly authorized any waiver or reduction the of such prescribed charges.|
|(iv)||preventive vigilance measures are observed by the branch. Whether|
|(v)||Where data entry or data processing work is entrusted to outside agencies, the competent authority duly approves these and the prescribed stamped indemnity has been obtained from such agencies.|
|(vi)||Whether dividend interest warrants/refund payment accounts of companies are funded prior to dispatch of the relative warrants by the companies and there is no misuse of the facility.|
|(vii)||Whethr Claims for reimbursement of amounts of paid warrants received from paying branches are processed and debited to the concerned company’s account promptly.|
|(viii)||Whether charge on security has been created, wherever debenture trustee activity is undertaken by bank.|
|K||Verification of Credit Card/Debit card –Verify|
|(i)||Application for the issue of credit card has been properly examined and record of issue of the same has been maintained.|
|(ii)||Whether overdraft/debits arising out of the use of credit cards are promptly recovered and informed to higher authorities.|
|(iii)||Whether undelivered credit cards are properly kept as security items and followed up with credit card department for further instructions.|
|(iv)||Physical verification of ATM cards, debit cards, credit cards, passwords and PINS, control over issue & delivery, safe keeping and custody at all the locations. Report|
|(i)||Compliance of provisions relating to Tax Deducted at Source, service tax, trade tax, other duties and taxes.|
|(ii)||Physical verification of inventory, control over issue of inventory, safe keeping and custody of security forms. Report any loss of such items.|
|(iii)||Physical verification of other deliverable items, control over issue, safe keeping and custody.|
|(iv)||Physical verification of Gold coins, control over issue, safe keeping and custody. Checking of Gold Custody sale and transactions.|
|(v)||movement of branch keys.|
|(vi)||Locker keys and locker operations-linking of FDR as security for locker/operation of locker/inoperative lockers/ nomination/other issues.|
|(vii)||Safe custody of branch documents like death claim cases, issuance of duplicate DD/PO/FDR, checking of indemnities, etc. and verification of documents executed during the period under audit.|
|(viii)||Reporting of frauds.|