Friends if you have Completed your professional degree and want to start practice. The next question that comes is
How to Find new clients?
Here are some methods that are available to professionals to market & advertise themself are:
Attending the social meetings, making friends and exchanging business cards. These social contacts need to be converted into clients. The problem here is that a well established member in clubs will have the authority on new joinee.
Lot of people search the vendors on classified sites. Put your business ads on all classified sites. The best sites to choose are the one which appears first in google search.
Again the problem here is that you have to pay to appear on top in these websites.
Nowdays almost everyone google the problems before consulting someone. The best way to market yourself is by writing articles, discussing issues on internet.
I use knowledge discussing as a tool to get leads. I got atleast 3 clients by discussing on tikshare. For example anyone searhing in Delhi for “procedure to get GST registeration in Delhi” will come to the discussions posted by me.
Best part with discussion is that you dont have any competitors compared to clubs or classified websites. You post your knowledge, clients touched by your knowledge will surely contact you.
People don’t just need CAs which are technically strong , they need CAs who can understand their issues and save them whenever they need.
By joining a website you create an image and clients would like to contact a person who has given the proof of his talent.
If you don’t want to invest money in advertisements (some professions like CA, CWA, CS etc does not allow its members to advertise), try to establish yourself as an expert on some sites. Tikshare is a good option, atleast i got clients.
You have to be very careful and professional while discussing on any site. Try to adhere to these:
1. Never try to directly advertise yourself
2. Don’t forget to share your posts
3. Always answer the replies or comments of visitors, even if they are negative
4. Try to join a website which does not have much competitors, ie professionals from same field as you
5. Never copy and paste others knowledge on your name
6. Just write unique contents and let client decide
7. Keep in touch with former colleagues if you need help on technical understanding of a topic. Don’t shy from asking questions. If don’t ask, the answer is always ‘no’.
8. Don’t say ‘no’ to any work in the beginning. You can’t claim that since you don’t know how to do it, you wont do it. Make effort to figure out how to do it.
9. Make small monetary goals every month and work towards that goal. A target always helps to perform better.
10. Be ambitious. Keep trying new things/ techniques. You cannot afford to be lazy if you want to be an entrepreneur.
Hope this helps friends.
You can reachout to me at sbmconsultants.org or write at [email protected]