September 28, 2016
The Managing Directors / Chief Executive Officers
All Commodity Derivatives Exchanges
Sub.: List of Commodities Notified under SCRA
1. Pursuant to the repeal of the Forward Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1952 (FCRA) and amendment to the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956 (SCRA), the Central Government, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (bc) of section 2 of the SCRA and in consultation with the SEBI, have vide Notification No. S.O. 3068(E) dated September 27, 2016 notified the goods specified therein, for the purpose of clause (bc) of section 2 of the SCRA with effect from the date of the said notification.
A copy of the said notification is also annexed for ready reference.
2. The commodity derivatives contracts which are being traded on the commodity derivatives exchanges shall continue to be traded under the provisions of SCRA, 1956 and the Rules and Regulations made thereunder.
3. The provisions of this circular shall be effective from the date of the circular.
4. The Exchanges are advised to:
a. take steps to make necessary amendments to the relevant bye-laws, rules and regulations for the implementation of the same.
b. bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of the members of the Exchange and also to disseminate the same on their website.
c. communicate to SEBI, the status of the implementation of the provisions of this circular.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
6. This circular is available on SEBI website under the category “Circulars” and “Info for Commodity Derivatives”.
Deputy General Manager
Division of Market Policy
Commodity Derivatives Market Regulation Department
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Economic Affairs)
New Delhi, the 27th September, 2016
S.O. 3068(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (bc) of section 2 of the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956, (42 of 1956), the Central Government in consultation with the Securities and Exchange Board of India established under section 3 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 (15 of 1992), hereby notifies the goods specified in the Schedule for the purposes of clause (bc) of section 2 of the said Act, namely:-
CEREALS AND PULSES
|3.||Gram (including Dal)|
|8.||Masoor (including dals)|
|9.||Moong and Products (including Chuni, Dal)|
|11.||Peas (including Yellow Peas)|
|13.||Rice or Paddy (Including Basmati)|
|14.||Small Millets (KodanKulti, Kodra, Korra, Vargu, Sawan, Rala, Kakun, Samai, Vari and B anti)|
|15.||Tur/Arhar (Including Chuni, Dal)|
|16.||Urad/Mash (Including Dal)|
OILSEEDS, OILCAKES AND OILS
|18.||Castor Complex (including seed, oil, oilcake)|
|19.||Coconut / Copra complex (including seed / fruit, oil, oilcake)|
|20.||Cottonseed complex (including seed, oil, oilcake)|
|21.||Palm oil complex (including seed, oil, oilcake)|
|22.||Groundnut complex (including nut, oil, oilcake)|
|23.||Linseed complex (including seed, oil, oilcake)|
|24.||Rapeseed Mustardseed complex (including seed, oil, oilcake, meal)|
|25.||Rice bran complex (including bran, oil, oilcake)|
|26.||Safflower complex (including seed, oil, oilcake)|
|27.||Sesamum complex (including seed, oil, oilcake)|
|28.||Soy complex (including bean, oil, oilcake, meal)|
|29.||Sunflower complex (including seed, oil, oilcake)|
|38.||Jeera (Cumin seed)|
|54.||Gold (including variants such as coins, bars etc.)|
|55.||Platinum (including variants such as bars etc.)|
|56.||Silver (including variants such as coins, bars etc.)|
GEMS and STONES
|58.||Art Silk Yarn|
|59.||Cotton complex (including Kapas, fibre, loose, half-pressed, full-pressed, yarn, pods, cloth)|
|60.||Jute and Jute goods (including raw jute, mesta, hessian, sackings, cloth, bags, twines, yarns and any other products made of jute)|
|61.||Staple Fibre Yarn|
|63.||Coal (including variants such as coking, thermal, lignite etc.)|
|66.||Bio-fuel (Including Ethanol, Bio-diesel)|
|73.||Sugar (including S, M and other grades and khandsari)|
|81.||Chara or Berseem (including chara seed or berseem seed)|
|83.||Gram Husk (Gram Chilka)|
|84.||Guar Seed and products (including Guar Gum split, Guar Gum powder, Korma, Churi)|
|86.||Mentha Oil and Products (including Crystals, Flakes etc.)|
[F. No. 17/2/2016-CD]
SHASHANK SAKSENA, Adviser