Securities and Exchange Board of India
November 03, 2017
All Recognised Clearing Corporations
Dear Sir / Madam,
Subject: Online Registration Mechanism and Filing System for Clearing Corporations
1. In order to ease the process of application for recognition / renewal, reporting and other filings in terms Securities Contracts (Regulation) (Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations) Regulations, 2012 and other circulars issued from time to time, SEBI has introduced a digital platform for online filings related to Clearing Corporations.
2. All applicants desirous of seeking registration / renewal as a Clearing Corporation in terms of Regulation 4 and 12 of the Securities Contracts (Regulation) (Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations) Regulations, 2012, shall now submit their applications online only, through SEBI Intermediary Portal at https://siportal.sebi.gov.in.
3. Further, all other filings including Annual Financial Statements and Returns, Monthly Development Report, Rules, Bye-laws, etc., shall also be submitted online.
4. The aforesaid online registration and filing system for Clearing Corporations is operational. Recognised Clearing Corporations are advised to note the same for immediate compliance.
5. Link for SEBI Intermediary Portal is also available on SEBI website – www.sebi.gov.in. In case of any queries and clarifications, users may refer to the manual provided in the portal or contact the SEBI Portal helpline on 02226449364 or may write at email@example.com.
6. This circular is being issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
Tel: +91 22 2644 9343