I disagree with extension of Tax Audit due date. Reasons for the same are as follows :
1. The error currently faced in form 3CB 3CD for Partnership Firms of partners name and ratio option being blocked can be resolved in a way that first save form in draft mode and thereafter in the very end after all required fields have been filled reopen form and change the question 9(a) of change in partnership to Yes o No thereafter in Part A change Status to any other than Firm and re select Status of Firm which will unfreeze the 9(a) option of details of partners, add name of partners and ratios and save in xml mode. This way forms can be uploaded.
2. More the extension will increase more the clients will become habituated to such extension every year and lazy to provide data to CA for audit.
3. Extension in Audit will result to further delay and thereafter extension in GST audits with due date of 31.12.2018.
4. Once the financial year is over then why to extend compliances pertaining to such Financial year in Current Year.?? Clients tend to forget many things and simultaneously current year workings also get disturbed.
5. Changes in utility of income tax returns are nominal and manageable. Being professional its our duty as CA to guide clients regarding changes in utility or study the utility and upload return by self on behalf of client. (obviously by charging for the same)
In a nutshell : The era of extension needs to be stopped at some point, then why not now.?? Or else every year people will have a sure short confidence of extension of due date, which will make them delay there work and become lazy. ‘Rules are made bearing many further compliances and things in mind and not bearing extension in mind’.
Come on people lets follow Punctuality. The greatest gift of Shri. Late Mahatma Gandhi for Indians.
And we, CA’s being finance partner of Government let make clients aware of there responsibilities towards Finance of Country.
(Author can reached at [email protected] and reviews are highly appreciated)