1. A taxpayer may have received an e-mail informing that his return has been processed and the refund amount will be credited to the pre-validated bank account. He must be wondering even after so many days why the amount has not been reflected in his account.
2. The Income Tax department has initiated a new process to submit a response for Income Tax Refund. The taxpayer needs to submit a response that the refund claim computed by the department is correct as per his calculation or else a revised return is being filed for claiming the correct refund amount.
3. STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE TO SUBMIT REFUND RESPONSE: Perform the following steps to submit a Refund confirmation response
3.1 Login to’ e- Filing Portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
3.2 Click on the ‘Worklist’ menu and click on the ‘For Your Action ‘link.
(a) The claim of refund is correct to the best of my knowledge
(b) Return of income is being revised wherein correct claim of refund shall be made.
5. If the taxpayer does not have any Pre validated bank accounts, then he is directed to Pre validate the bank account Screen. In this screen, the taxpayer should enter all relevant details of the bank account where he intends to receive a refund and click on the ‘Pre validate’ button to proceed with the request submission. After this Account is pre-validated by the concerned bank, the bank account will be automatically considered for refund re-issue. This account will now be displayed under Pre-validated bank accounts in the e-Filing portal.
6. In case the pre-validation of the account fails, then the same will be communicated to the taxpayer by CPC. The taxpayer is required to resubmit the request for refund re-issue/pre-validation of the bank account.
(The author can be approached at [email protected])