Section 206AB and 206CCA of The Income Tax Act will be effective from 01.07.2021. The provision requires deductor to make the TDS u/s 206AB and 206CCA if payment is made to specified person. The specified persons is defined the section, however it has become a very difficult task to determine who is a specified person and we have started to take declaration from the assessee to safeguard ourself. To determine whether a particular person a specified person or not, income tax department has come up with the Utility called “Compliance Check (Tax Deductor and Collector). Attached is the step-by-step procedure for registration at compliances portal and verifying whether a assessee is specified person or not.
With this utility a registered user can easily find out whether a particular deductee / assessee is a specified person or not.
Procedure for Registration at Compliances portal of Income tax
1. Login the new income tax portal using TAN credentials. If you have not registered your TAN in income tax portal, please register before proceeding to register in Compliances Portal.
After login to the e-filing portal, go to pending action > Reporting portal
It will ask that you will be redirected to reporting portal, click on proceed to continue.
3. Select on new registration and click on continue.
4. Select the form Type : Compliance Check (Tax Deductor & Collector) and entity category will be automatically selected based TAN database and click on next as shown in the below screenshot.
5. Input the entity details i.e. address, state, PIN code and country. Please note that you will not be allowed to input Entity Name and Entity as it will be automatically taken from TAN Database.
After inputting the entity details click on add principal officer details.
6. Input the principal officer details of the company / deductor / collector as required below. Other data will be uto populated from PAN database. Make the necessary correction, if required. Input the mobile number, email, state and country. Make sure to give the correct email ID and mobile number as temporary password will be received through email and mobile.
In case if you forget the password you can retrieve using email ID and mobile Number. After inputting the all the required information click on preview to review the details entered. If all the details are correct, click on submit button. A confirmation message will pop-up, click on ok.
7. After successful submission of registration application, registration request number will be generated and a temporary password will be sent to email ID mentioned in the principal officer details. You can also download the acknowledgement in PDF.
This will complete the registration process.
Procedure for verifying whether a particular assessee is a specified person or not.
Login in to the compliances portal using the below URL :
Input the PAN and password (PAN will be the principal officer PAN given at the time of registration). You will be asked to change the password at the time of first login.
Select the form Type : Compliances Check (Deductor & Collector)
ITDREIN : Select the ITDREIN received over email at the time of registration.
It will be TAN following by 5 digit alphanumerical number. Click on proceed.
Select the authorised person type : Principal officer and click on proceed.
Click on Compliance check tab available after login. Marked in yellow for identification in the blow screenshot.
Below screen will appear containing two tabs. You will have the option to verify single PAN or Bulk PAN.
For verifying the bulk PAN you need to download “Download CSV template available in the blow screen. You need to input list PAN and upload the CSV file.
Once uploaded the status of the request will be shown as uploaded. You will be able to download the results of PAN after the status changed to Download.
Sample results will appear as follows (result of specified person u/s 206AB & 206CCA is marked in yellow for your reference)