Section(s) Referred: 35 ,35(2A)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 17/10/1979
In continuation of this Department’s Notification No. 1693 (F. No. 203/38/77-ITA-II) dated the 26th March, 1977, it is hereby notified for general information that the following scientific research programme has been approved for the period specified below for the purpose of sub-section (2A) of section 35 of the I. T. Act, 1961, by the prescribed authority, the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, subject to the condition that the trustees fo the Foundation shall maintain separate accounts of this research project and will submit annual returns and reports regarding research activities of the project and the amount of donation received along with actual expenditure incurred exclusively for this project in the manner required by the prescribed authority :
1. Name of the scientific Studies in the incidence, detection and research programme treatment of Cancer Cervix in urban and rural population in and around Poona.
2. Sponsored by 1. M/s. Sanghvi Metal Corporation, Poona. 2. M/s. P. T. C. Sanghvi & Co.
3. Sponsored at Poona Medical Foundation, Poona.
4. Total cost of the project Rs. 31.42 lakhs.
5. Duration Five years from 14th March, 1977, to 13th March, 1982.
Poona Medical Foundation, Poona, where the above programme has been sponsored stands approved for the purpose of section 35(1)(ii), vide Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue & Insurance) Notification No. 511, dated 4-12-1973 (F. No. 203/57/73-ITA-II).
[No. 3028 (F. No. 203/115/79-ITA–II)]