Section(s) Referred: 35 ,35(2A)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 8/7/1977
It is hereby notified for general information that the following scientific research programme has been approved for the period specified below for the purposes of the sub-section (2A) of section 35 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, by the prescribed authority, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi :–
1. Scientific Research Programme : Sugarcane sub-station.
2. Sponsored (a) by : Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University and M/s. K. C. P. Ltd.
3. Sponsored (b) at : Vuyyuru, Krishna District, A.P.
4. Duration of Research Programme : On a permanent basis.
5. Estimated expenditure Rs. 5.08 lakhs per year.
Rs. (i) Pay and allowances : 1,52,814.00 (ii) Recurring contingencies : 61,758.00 (iii) Non-recurring contingencies : 2,93,500.00 —- 5,08,072.00 or Rs. 5.08 lakhs. —-
NOTE : Out of the total amount under non-recurring, M/s. K.C.P. Ltd. will donate an amount of Rs. 2.00 lakhs only once during the first year of implementation of the Scheme towards construction of buildings, etc. No further grants are to be given by K.C.P. Ltd.
The Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, Hyderabad, A.P., has already been approved under section 35(1)(ii) of the Income-tax Act, 1961, vide this Department’s Notification No. 878 (F. No. 203/39/75-ITA. II) dated 18-4-1975.
[No. 1863 (F. No. 203/82/76-ITA.II)