Section(s) Referred: 35, 35(2A)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 24/3/1982
It is hereby notified for general information that the following scientific research programme has been approved for the period specified below for the purposes of sub-section (2A) of section 35 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, by the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.
1. Name of the scientific research programme : “Evaluation of the Clinico-Pathological effects of prolonged exposure to industrial dust on Upper Respiratory Tract Mucosa, nose, ear, with special reference to ultra-structural changes and operational research in the development of related primary preventive programme in Industries.”
2. Sponsored at : The Ayodhya Charitable Trust, Pune.
3. Sponsored by : 1. Sudarshan Chemical Industries Ltd., Wellestly Road, Poona & Roha (Distt. Kolaba).
2. Raja Bahadur Mills Ltd., Pune.
3. Paper & Pulp Conversion Ltd., Shivajinagar, Poona.
4. Rathi Engineering Works, Shanker Sheth Road, Poona.
5. Industrial Paper Ltd., Bhosari, Poona.
6. Sudarshan Chemical & Textile Ltd., Shanker Sheth Road, Poona.
7. Sanghavi Tiffin Carriers, Shivaji Nagar, Poona.
8. Wanson India (P.) Ltd., Thermax India (P.) Ltd.
4. Duration of the project : Five years.
(i) Proposed date of commencement. 8-3-82
(ii) Anticipated date of completion. 7-3-87
5. Total estimated expenditure : Rs. 55,20,000.00 (Rupees Fifty-five lakhs twenty thousand only).
The approval for the above project will be subject to the following conditions :–
(1) That the Trust will maintain a separate account of the amounts received and expenditure incurred for this research project as distinct from the other expenditure of the Ayodhya Charitable Trust, Pune.
(2) That the Trust will furnish annual returns of this scientific research project to the Council by 31st May, each year at the latest in such form as may be laid down and intimated to them for this purpose.
(3) That the Trust will furnish a copy of the annual audited statement of accounts along with total assets and liabilities to the Council by 31st May, each year and in addition send a copy of it to the concerned Income-tax Commissioner.
(4) This approval is valid up to 24-12-1982.
The Ayodhya Charitable Trust, Pune, has been approved under section 35(1)(ii) of the Income-tax Act, vide Ministry of Finance
(Department of Revenue) notification No. 3292 (F. No. 203/119/80-ITA. II) dated the 12th May, 1980.
[No. 4535 (F. No. 203/61/82-ITA.II)