Update on CPC – Call Center To assist taxpayers a call center with 20 agents provides customer service and support for resolution of taxpayers queries. It provides information and updates on the following:

1. Status of receipt of ITR-V at CPC
2. Processing status of e-filed returns
3. Refund issues
4. Any other information related to processing of returns at CPC

This service is available on working days and call are answered in English,Hindi,Kannada on the following telephone numbers ;

1800-425-2229 (Toll free)

Based on taxpayers feedback and increasing demand for customer services, the working hours of CPC Call center are being extended to 9AM-8PM on all working days.

Taxpayers can also access the above information at the e-filing website.

Note:These services are only related to Income Tax returns filed Online(e returns only,not for manual/Paper return )

More Under Income Tax


  1. gururaj says:

    I had submitted tax returns for A.Y 2015-16. The status has turned to
    > defective as shown in the below screen shot.

    > I did not get any mail notification on the defective status. Please give
    > me the steps to proceed further.
    > I request to help me to get my ITR processed successfully.


  2. sudhanshu says:

    my question to you is that :
    a)my father retired from railways on 30 october 2008 & was given 20 lakhs. Now he had deposited the entire amount to her wife name where she gets monthly interest for the said amount.
    b)now for last 3 years she is getting interest on her deposits which is near about 2,30,000/- (senior setizen) below tax exempted limit.
    c)my query is that whether she had to give tax on that or not??? plz. advise.
    d)whether my father can give this amount to his wife. is that correct.


  3. AKKY TIWARI says:


    from last two years i am submitting papers /e file .but from last two year no refund is generating .
    as per SBI call center ,there is no fund come from CPC.
    kindly suggest.

  4. J.M.Sood & Son (HUF) says:

    Refund Sequence No.7000634245 Date of Order 3.09.2010. Despite sending bank details with cancelled cheques twice, refund has not been received in bank account.

  5. J.M.Sood & Son (HUF) says:

    AADHJ7731C – A.Y. 2009-10.

    Refund Sequence No.7000634245 Date of Order 3.9.210. Account details were asked and the same have been sent twice by Speed Post. Refund not received till date.

  6. Ambika Charan Pattanaik says:

    Dear Sir,
    It is to intimate that as per intimation U/s 143(1) Dated 05.12.2011 for the A.Y- 2011-2012 of the income tax act 1961, I am entitled to receive the refund amount Rs. 5878.00 and interest U/s 244A on Rs. 145.00 and the total refund is 6,023.00. But only Rs. 145.00 that is interest has only issued by the SBI on behalf of the Income Tax Department. The refund amount Rs. 5,878.00 has not been issued by SBI.
    Therefore I am to request you necessary steps may kindly be taken early at your end for issue of the refund amount Rs. 5,878.00 by the SBI on behalf of Income Tax Department.
    Yours Faithfully

    Chandrasekhar Temple Campus
    Telenga bazaar, Cuttack- 753009
    E. Mail Id- [email protected]

    PAN No- AMQPP1755K
    e.Filling Ack. No- 313149900081111
    Comm. Ref No. CPC/1112/14/1110177413
    Refund Seq. No. 7006711660

  7. Ambika Charan Pattanaik says:

    Respected Sir,
    I Ambika Charan Pattanaik Pan No. ANNPP4915B beg to state that I had filed my I.T Return for Assessment Year 2011-2012 as 16.11.2011 vide receipt no. 6670 at your office. I had claimed a refund amounting Rs. 9364.00 which was issued to me vide reference No CMPQ4670821 as per online I.T refund status site on Dated 17.04.2012. But till date I have not received any amount as refund. I believe refund cheque might have been returned by postal dept, as I was out of Cuttack for few days. You are requested to kindly re issue the refund cheque in my address below and oblige.

    Thanking You

    Yours Faithfully

    PAN No- ANNPP4915B
    PLOT NO. E/296
    SECTOR- 7, CDA
    CUTTACK – 753014


    Dear sir,

    i I am a senior citizen, i deposited some amount in Fixed Deposit in State bank of Mysore, Gayathrinagar, Bnagalore. But at the year end i am not submitted my pan no. Now i have pan no. CXRPS6138R. I submitted the return file also ITR-V (assesment year 2011-12) & efilling acknoledge number is – 243052650240711 dated 24-07-2011. In bank they are cuting some amount ( Rs.12000) because of not providing pan no. but now i submitted the retrun file. still i am not getting return amount. Bnak is given Form 16A in that they mention Cheque/dd No. – [email protected] Gayathrinagar Barnch.& date of tax deposited 05/04/2011 & transfer vocher/Challan Identification No. 00285.
    when i get back this money?
    please clarify.


    cpc order reference number cpc/1112/12/1106725690 my refund amount of Rs 17,990 which is not credited to my bank account even after sending my bank cheque copy and filled form in the month of February 15th 2012. Kindly let me know how much time it will take to clear the same .



  10. Jiten says:

    As my net tax amount is around Rs. 3000/- for year 2010-11, i am not payable and paying any advance tax. Is somebody can advise me in this case upto what date i can pay my final tax amount with the bank? Can i pay after march without any penalty and then file my return upto July?

  11. Udai says:

    Hi Everyone

    Can anyone tell me how to get Income tax refund methods. I am getting trouble with this from last few days. Please kindly help me…..


  12. Murali Krishna says:

    I have purchased a piece of land to construct a house for my residence purpose. am I eligible to get tax exemption for stamp duty under 80C.


  13. Zamir alam says:

    Dear sir,
    I am u.p.govt emploes in scale 9300-34800
    Grade pay4200, HRA1010 CCA120
    We are pay 2500/month as Room rent & my wife under pesent of kidney failure (early stage).
    Pl. Give me suggestion & related G.Os/apply I.tex sections(section 10 House rent relief) detail with example for deduction,
    How to make a afit-defit for under section 10 House rent relief.

  14. D RAMAKRISHNAN says:

    Dear Sir,

    As i’m unable to contact the toll free number and the no given in the site is not working, pls let me know the status of my refund for AY 2009-10 which was not collected by me due to the change of my residence address.. Recently i have updated in your website with my present address and changed my pan card also..
    Since it is nearly 6 months old, pls let me know wh my refund would be processed and reach me before mar’11 as the fin year closing for this year..
    Requesting your earlier reply..


  15. nijaguna says:


    you can write a letter to the concerned officer having the problem facing by you and also request to give some suggestion for the same. and this letter is useful when they are asking any querrins in this regard.

    thanking you,

    yours faithfully,

    jcn shivayogi


    It is very difficult to get connected to the toll free number 1800-425-2229. The other number 080-43456700 has changed. New numbers may kindly be published. I tried this number, however, the new numbers informed could not be heard as the recorded voice was very low.

  17. Ankit Nayak says:

    Sir, i have filled form 6 for grant of registration of vat and cst but the e-filing of the form 6 is difficult might there is some error in service side. But the main problem is even the commercial tax department have no solution. and technical assistance is also poor how could i get assistance kindly guide

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search Posts by Date

September 2021