ITBA- Refund Banker Instruction No.1
DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX (SYSTEM)
ARA Center, Ground Floor, E-2, Jhandewalan Extension,
R – 110055, New Delhi — 110055
F.No Pr DGIT(S)/ADG(S)2/Sign ff-OLTAS ITBA/173/2017
All Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax/ CCsIT (By Name)
All Principal Director General of Income Tax / DGsIT (By Name)
All Principal Commissioner of Income-tax/CsIT/CsIT(Admin & CO) (By Name)
Subject: Launch of Income Tax Business Application (ITBA) – Refund Banker Module –Reg.
Kindly refer to the above. The functionalities for Refund Blocking/Unblocking, Refund Revalidation and Refund Status in Refund Banker Module are available in Income Tax Business Application (ITBA) as per the following details:
2. Refund Banker Module can be accessed in ITBA by entering the following URL in the browser: https://itba.incometax.gov.in
The path for the same is: ITBA Portal → Login → 3 Modules → 3 Refund Banker
3. The following facilities are available in Refund Banker Module:
4. Following are the steps to be followed by user for Refund Blocking/Unblocking and Revalidation functionalities:
a. User selects Action type – Block, Unblock or Revalidate and search the refunds.
b. User can select reason for blocking/unblocking and revalidation and submit the request.
c. In Unblocking and Revalidation of refunds, Range approval is required. After approval/rejection of request, the same is shared with CPC-ITR.
d. Facility to update taxpayer’s Bank details and Address details is also provided in case of Refund Unblocking and Refund Revalidation.
5. Refund Status – Refund Status screen is available to user for checking the current status of
Refunds in ITBA. Statuses include Paid, Unpaid, Blocked, Sent to Refund Banker and Pending.
User can access this screen from Menu and can search the status of refunds by entering the search criteria. User can also list out the refunds based on common status.
6. Refund Approval functionality is already live for refunds determined in relevant modules (ITR, Assessment, rectification, Penalty, Manual Order upload).
7. Training material including user manual, help content and frequently asked questions (FAQs) are available on the Refund Banker Module Home Page and on ITBA Portal Online Training on ITBA. Users can refer to these documents in case of any issues.
8. Users are advised to contact helpdesk in case of any issues in respect of the ITBA.
a. URL of helpdesk – firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Help desk number – 0120-2811200
c. Email ID – helpdesk email@example.com
d. Help desk Timings – 8.30 A.M. – 8.30 P.M. (Monday to Friday)
9. This issues with the approval of Pr DGIT(S).
Addl Director General (Systems) -2
1. The P.P.S to Chairman, Member (Administration), Member (Inv.), Member (IT & C), Member (R & TPS), Member (A&J) & Member (Legislation),CBDT for information.
2. The P.S. to Pr. DGIT(S) for information.
3. The Web Manager of www.irsofficersonline.gov.in website with a request to upload the Instruction.
4. ITBA Publisher (ITBA.Publisher@incometax.gov.in) for https.incometax.gov.in with a request to upload the Instruction on the ITBA Portal.
(Above post been published after replacing earlier post which become obsolete now but comments are not been removed)