OFFICE OF THE PR.CHIEF COMMISSIONER OF INCOME-TAX, BHUBANESWAR,
AAYAKAR BHAVAN, RAJASWA VIHAR, BHUBANESWAR-07
No. Pr.CCIT/Tech./BBSRISr./Jr Standing Counsel/2016-17/
Empanelment of Senior / Junior Standing Counsels of Income Tax
Department in Orissa High Court, Cuttack
In view of CBDT’s revised guidelines issued in Instruction No 7/2016 dtd. 07.09.2016, earlier advertisements dtd. 18.05.2016 and 30.03.2016 made in national and local newspapers for empanelment of Senior Standing Counsel and Junior Standing Counsel of Income-Tax Department of Odisha Region stand withdrawn. Fresh advertisement is hereby called for the said purpose as per the revised guidelines.
2. The office of the Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, Bhubaneswar now invites applications for empanelment of 03 numbers of Senior Standing Counsels (02 in the panel and 01 in the buffer) and 04 numbers of Junior Standing Counsels (03 in the panel and 01 in the buffer) for representing the Department before the Hon’ble High Court of Orissa. The size of the panel is decided on the pendency of present appeals. Here buffer represents 25% of the required strength which is considered to be included in the empanelment. It must be noted that the buffer in the extended panel will not be entitled for any compensation or remuneration or retainership etc. The names in the extended panel would be considered in case of exigencies like resignation, termination etc. The eligibility criteria and other terms and conditions will be governed by the Instruction No 7/2016 dtd. 07.09.2016 in F.No 279/Misc./M75/2011-11–J, issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, (Department of Revenue), Central Board of Direct Taxes, New Delhi.
3. In order to be eligible for engagement as a Senior Standing Counsel, a person should be eligible to appear before the High Court as an advocate and have a minimum experience of 5 years of handing direct tax matters before High Court or ITAT as an Advocate or have been a Junior Standing Counsel of the Department for three years or have been an officer of the Income-tax Department who is eligible to appear before the High Court as an advocate and has refired/resigned from the post of Addl. Commissioner/DIT or any equivalent post after occupying such post for at least three years or any higher post or who has been a member of ITAT, provided that he has not been removed/dismissed or compulsorily retired from service on account of disciplinary action and no disciplinary proceeding under service rules or pension rules is pending against
4. In order to be eligible for engagement as a Junior Standing Counsel, a person should be eligible to appear before the High Court as an advocate and have a minimum experience of 3 years of handling direct tax matter before High Court or ITAT as an Advocate or have been an officer of the Income-tax Department who retired/resigned from the post of Addl./Joint C1T or below and is eligible to appear before the High Court as an advocate, provided that he has not been removed/dismissed or compulsory retired from service on account of disciplinary action and no disciplinary proceeding under service rules or pension rules is pending against
5. Particulars of the applicant’s expertise in handling direct tax matters, aptitude for interpretation and their suitability to represent the cases of the Department will be examined by the Screening Committee in an interview conducted for the purpose. The evaluation shall be done on the parameters enumerated in CBDT’s Instruction 07/2016 dtd. 07.09.2016 whereby marks would be awarded to each candidate.
6. The application should be made in Proforma – A1/A2 which is a part of the Instruction No. 7/2016.
7. CBDT’s Instruction No. 7/2016 can be downloaded from the website incometaxindia.gov.in under the head “Misc. Communication” or can be collected from Shri P.K Singh, ITO (Judi. & Tech), o/o the Pr. Commissioner of Income Tax, Room No-201, 2″d Floor, Aayakar Bhawan, Rajaswa Vihar, Bhubaneswar.
8. Persons desirous of applying and having requisite qualifications, as enumerated in the Instruction No. 7/2016, should submit their application form in Proforma – A1/A2 (as applicable) along with the necessary documentary evidences, in sealed cover to Shri P.K Singh, ITO (Judi. & Tech), 0/o the Chief Commissioner of Income-tax, Room No-201, 2″d Floor, Aayakar Bhawan, Rajaswa Vihar, Bhubaneswar.
9. The last date for receipt of applications in this office is 01.2017. Applications sent by post may be sent well in time so as to reach this office latest by 09.01.2017. Applications which are not submitted in time or which are not in prescribed proforma or incomplete in any respect will be liable to be rejected.
10. The applicant applying for empanelment as Senior Standing Counsel should also state specifically at the bottom of the application whether engagement as Junior Standing Counsel would be acceptable to them if Department considers it appropriate.
Jt. Commissioner of Income Tax (Hqrs.) (TPS) 0/a
the Pr. Chief Commissioner of Income Tax Odisha, Bhubaneswar.