CA Sandeep Kanoi
Tax deductor and collector holding valid TAN can register and use the TAN based credentials to file Form 15CA but to fill form 15CA if no tax is been deducted it is still not mandatory for remitter to have TAN.
Link To Register on Income Tax E-Filing Website
Link to Download Revised updated utility of Form 15CA
How to use the form?
1. On e-Filing home page, go to Downloads menu and click on the link “Forms (Other than ITR)”.
2. Download Form 15CA and save it in the desired path/location.
3. Unzip and extract the files in the desired path/location.
4. Double click on the executable jar file (ITD_EFILING_FORM_UTILITY) to open the form.
5. To submit the form you should be connected to internet.
6. Minimum java version 1.7 is required to open the Form.
The following are the features that are available in the Form(offline):
1. New – Click on this button, to open a new Form 15CA.
2. Open – Option is for importing the XML (successfully generated earlier) from your hard disk. Select the path and import the XML. This option will work irrespective of any version change. It will caution you to check the contents before finalizing upload/submission.
3. Save – You can save your completed XML in the desired path/location of your desktop.
4. Save Draft – Option can be used to save your XML. Please note you cannot upload an XML which was saved using the ‘Save draft’ option. Only a complete XML generated using the ‘Save’ option can be uploaded successfully.
5. Submit – Option is used to upload/submit a single Form.
6. Previous/Next – Will help you to navigate to the various tabs of the Form.
7. Submit Bulk – Option is used to upload/submit multiple XMLs of the form.
8. Help – Option will let you know the instructions, short keys, settings and how to use this form.