GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES
ICADR Building, Plot No. 6, Vasant Kunj Institutional Area Phase-II
New Delhi– 110070. Ph. 26130599, Fax 26130594.
All Pr. CCsIT/Pr. DGsIT
Subject: – Chairman’s Certificate of Appreciation on the occasion of independence Day- reg.
Kindly refer to this officer letter F.No.HRD/PM1425/2/2017-18/ dated 06.07.2017.
Kindly find enclosed herewith the Scheme of Award of Chairman’s Certificate of Appreciation on the occasion of the Independence Day.
It is requested that as per the scheme nominations may be send by 31st July 2017 for the consideration of the Central Committee.
This issue with the approval of the Member (P&V), CBDT.
Addl. Director General of Income Tax-1(HRD)
Data Base Cell for uploading on irsofficersonline.
on the occasion of
Chairman’s Certificate of Appreciation
The CBDT hereby sanctions the following scheme of awards to be conferred upon the Officers and Staff (hereinafter called ’employees’) of the Income Tax Department (hereinafter called ‘Department’) in consideration of their rendering exceptional or meritorious service, or displaying outstanding devotion to duty.
1. The awards would be called “Chairman’s Certificate of Appreciation”.
2. The “Chairman’s Certificate of Appreciation” (hereinafter called “Certificate of Appreciation”) would be conferred upon selected employees at the All India Level in different grades who have done outstanding work in diverse areas of direct tax administration during the year such as:-
ii. Search & Seizure
iv. Prosecution case filed
v. Work for infrastructure development
vi. Efforts in litigation management and reduction of demands
vii. Handling of revenue audit as well as internal audit
viii. Secretariat work
ix. Widening of Tax Base
x. Grievance Redressal
xi. ASK Centre
xii. Recovery & Collection
xiii. Appeals including DRP
xiv. International Taxation, Transfer Pricing & Advance Pricing Agreements
xv. Representation before ITAT, AAR and Settlement Commission
xvi. Any other area including Sports, Literature and Fine Arts
3. The awards would comprise a citation/certificate and would be announced in respect of every financial year, on the occasion of Independence Day immediately succeeding the said financial year, except when specifically rescheduled by Central Board of Direct Taxes (hereinafter called ‘CBDT’), Department of Revenue.
4. The awards of the “Certificate of Appreciation” shall be so made that outstanding achievements in diverse areas of work are duly recognized and all deserving employees, irrespective of their rank, are considered.
5. Recommendations for “Certificate of Appreciation” will be made in respect of only such employee(s) who are clear from vigilance angle and have excellent APAR grading. Proposal of awards to only such employees will be considered whose record of service integrity is absolutely beyond doubt. At the time of sponsoring the names itself, the sponsoring authority should satisfy itself that the employee is really a deserving candidate for the award and also enjoys an excellent general reputation.
Procedure for Recommendation for Award:
6. Recommendation for award of “Certificate of Appreciation” shall be made at the earliest after the outstanding achievement or performance, for which the recommendation is proposed to be made, is noted. All recommendations shall state the name and rank of the employee(s) so recommended and the particulars of the exemplary or distinguished act for which the award of “Certificate of Appreciation” is recommended.
7. All recommendations for the grant of “Certificate of Appreciation” shall be made by the Principal Chief Commissioner or Principal Director General concerned on the recommendations of the respective Head of the Department. All recommendations will be screened by a committee duly notified by Principal Chief Commissioner or Principal Director General of each Region/Directorate for this purpose.
8. All recommendations should be made by the 25thof June of each year with the inclusion of a specific justification of the proposal in a proforma alongwith a write-up detailing the exceptional performance or achievement of the employee so recommended. However, in the event of CBDT rescheduling the date for conferring of the awards under clause 3, separate timelines may be specified for making the recommendations for the
9. In the description of significant contribution made, the role of individual employee must be clearly brought out as distinct from that of the organization or team that the employee was a part of. Details of work where the employee has played a prominent role should be mentioned separately indicating the precise role played by the employee. No employee who is being considered for any certificate will be a part of the aforesaid screening committee.
10. The Committee at the level of Pr. CCIT/Pr. DGIT will finalize its recommendations and send the same to the Central Committee by the 15thof July of each year, except when the date for conferring of the awards is changed by CBDT under clause 3, in which case, separate timelines may be specified.
11. A Central Committee shall be constituted by the Chairman, CBDT, with Pr. DGIT (HRD) as Member Secretary for screening and shortlisting the nominations from each of the Principal Chief Commissioners or Principal Directors General of Income Tax of different Regions.
12. After screening of the nominations, the Central Committee may recommend deserving cases for the awards and submit its recommendations to CBDT for approval. While making these recommendations, the Committee may also examine cases of employees with exceptional meritorious service and outstanding devotion to duty that are brought to its knowledge in addition to the recommendations made from Regional Levels.
13. CBDT shall consider all cases in which “Certificates of Appreciation” are proposed to be awarded as per the recommendations of the Central Committee and may recommend the same for approval of the Chairman, CBDT by 31stof July of each year.
14. The number of “Certificate of Appreciation” awarded in one year shall not exceed fifty but the CBDT would have the discretion to increase the number in any year if the circumstances so warrant.
15. These rules and conditions are basic guidelines for selection of worthy candidates for conferring of the awards. In case the need arises, in exceptional circumstances, an award can be processed even outside the timelines specified above for recommendation of awards.
16. This issues with the approval of the chairman, CBDT.
Additional Director General-1
HRD, CBDT, New Delhi
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018