Accounting and Billing Software for Small Tax Payers Now Available on GST Portal
The GST Council had decided in its 32nd meeting of 10th Jan 2019 to provide an easy to use accounting and billing utility to small tax payers whose annual turnover is < INR 1.5 Crores.This utility has now been provided via the GST System Portal. This software can help your business to create bills, invoices, manage your inventory, create your account statements, balance sheet, GST Returns and has many other features.These features can be viewed on the GST portal (www.gst.gov.in) in the “Downloads” section.
You currently have a choice of 6 products to choose from.These are available as a cloud based version as well as a downloadable, that installs on your desktop or laptop. You may choose any, depending on your preference.
Steps to download:
1. Login to the GST Portal using your login / password credentials.
2. Go to the “Downloads” menu and select the “Accounting and Billing Software” option.
3. You will need to declare that your turnover is < INR 1.5 Crores, after which you will be shown a choice of these 6 softwares.
4. The important aspects of the 6 softwares are shown in a table which will help you to make a decision and choose your software.
5. Click on the link against your preferred software.
6. You will then be redirected to the product site and further steps on its use will be provided by the product companies.
It may be noted that the basic features offered are not to be paid for use of the basic version. The User Manual/FAQ etc. will be available on the website of respective software provider.
All queries/questions need to be taken up with them and NOT with GST Helpdesk.
We wish you a happy experience!
Source- Email from GSTN