You know that 3 years have passed since the enactment of GST laws, but many mistakes are still being committed by GST tax payers while filing GST returns particularly GSTR-3B and GSTR-1 due to negligence, oversight or due to lack of conceptual clarity on various provisions of the GST Acts and Rules.
This problem of making mistakes is mostly in every business house, whether it is small business or large business. आपको पता होना चाहिए कि GST IS A TAX WHERE 100% ACCURACY IS NEEDED IN RETURN FILING.
What should be done
- The taxpayer should be extremely alert while filing his GST returns to avoid the burden of unnecessary reconciliations and notice from GST Department.
- First of all, your sales/supply figures given in GSTR-1 should match with the sale/supply figures given in GSTR-3B, which is the main base of the GST. It means 100% accuracy should be there in both the figures.
What is the news today
- Now GST department has come to know that many taxpayers are intentionally filing incorrect returns. It means that their figures in GSTR-3B differ with the figures given in GSTR-1 which is a total lapse on the part of such taxpayers.
- For example, sale/supply figures filed in GSTR-1 is 90 lacs whereas sale/supply figures filed in GSTR-3B is 78 lacs. i.e. (at the time of payment of GST).
- It means that the taxpayer has paid less GST on sale/supply of 12 lacs.
- यानि उस ने 12 लाख की वैल्यू पर GST की चोरी की है। e he has evaded tax on the value of 12 lacs.
What would happen now
- If you are also using this pattern for GST evasion, you should be ready for notice from the department because Central Government has launched Intelligence and fraud analytics platform to check data difference between the returns filed by the taxpayers.
- Beside this, the platform will also help in finding out the Fake Input Tax Credit figures availed by the taxpayers.
What is the position today
- You should be aware that GST Department has found such taxpayers with the help of this platform and now notices are being sent to such taxpayers whose data in GSTR-3B and GSTR-1 is not reconciling.
- So you should be totally aware that your data should not be mismatched.
- Department is keeping an eye on the data supplied by you on various platforms.
- In last, I always advise that you should not make mistakes while filing your GST returns.