Madam Cama Marg, Hutatma Rajguru Chowk
Mantralaya, Mumbai 400 032, dated 8th August 2019
MAHARASHTRA VALUE ADDED TAX ACT, 2002.
No. VAT-1519/CR-89/Taxation-1.—Whereas, the Government of Maharashtra is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action further to amend the Maharashtra Value Added Tax Rules, 2005 and to dispense with the condition of previous publication thereof under the proviso to sub-section (4) of section 83 of the Maharashtra Value Added Tax Act, 2002 (Mah. IX of 2005);
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1), (2) and (3) read with the proviso to sub-section (4) of section 83 of the said Act, and of all other powers enabling it in this behalf, the Government of Maharashtra hereby, makes the following rules further to amend the Maharashtra Value Added Tax Rules, 2005, namely :—
1. (1) These rules may be called the Maharashtra Value Added Tax (Third Amendment) Rules, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from the 1st April 2019.
2. In rule 2 of the Maharashtra Value Added Tax Rules, 2005 (hereinafter referred to as “the principal Rules”), in sub-rule (1), after clause (b), the following clause shall be inserted, namely :—
“(b-1) “annual” means the period of twelve months starting on the 1st April and ending on the 31st March of the relevant financial year;”.
3. In rule 17 of the principal Rules,—
(1) in sub-rule (4), in clause (e), in Explanation, for the words “Quarterly or, as the case may be, six monthly” the words “quarterly, six monthly or, as the case may be, annually” shall be substituted;
(2) after sub-rule (4A) the following sub-rule shall be inserted, namely :—
“(4B) Subject to the rule 18 and other provisions of this rule except sub-rules (4) and
(4A), for the period starting on or after 1st April 2019, every registered dealer whose tax liability during the previous year—
(a) had not exceeded rupees twenty five thousand shall file annual return within twenty one days from the end of the year to which return relates ;
(b) was more than rupees twenty five thousand but not exceeding rupees ten lakh or whose entitlement for refund during the previous year had not exceeded rupees one crore, shall file quarterly return within twenty one days of the month immediately succeeding the quarter to which the return relates ;
(c) had exceeded rupees ten lakh or whose entitlement for refund during the previous year had exceeded rupees one crore, shall file monthly return within twenty one days from the end of the month to which the return relates,
the provisions of clause (e) of sub-rule (4) and Explanations I and II of this rule, shall mutatis mutandis apply to this sub-rule.”.
By order and in the name of the Governor of Maharashtra,
J. V. DIPTE,
Deputy Secretary to Government.