New GSTIN with UT code 26 effective from 1st August 2020 to the merged Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu
UT Administration of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu,
Finance Department/Commissioner (UTGST), Secretariat, Daman.
No. DMN/VAT/GST/Trade Notice./2020-21/1053
Upon Merger of Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu w.e.f. 26-01-2020, there arises a need to declare single State Code for Persons Registered under Goods and Service Tax Laws in the Union Territories.
It is decided by the GST Council to give 26 as State Code 26 to the merged Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu w.e.f. 01-08-2020.
Therefore, all the Registered Persons in the erstwhile Union Territory of Daman and Diu having GSTIN(Goods and Service Tax Identification Number) starting with State Code 25 will be switched over to New State Code of 26 w.e.f. 01-08-2020.
Due to the change in State Code all existing active taxpayers having GSTIN with UT code 25 will be given new GSTIN with UT Code 26 along with log in Credentials (Login ID & Password) at their email of primary Authorized Signatory.
All Trade Associations / representatives of various industries are requested to publish the contents of this Trade Notice among their Members / Constituents.
(Devinder Singh )
Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
1. The Commissioner, Central GST Commissionarate, Daman.
2. The President, Industries Association, Daman and
3. The President, Hotel Association, Daman and
4. The President, Merchant Association, Daman and 5. The President, Liquor Association, Daman and Diu.
1. The Joint Commissioner (VAT UTGST), DNH for kind
2. The Joint Commissioner (VAT 86 UTGST), Daman & Diu for kind information and necessary action please.