An eight members group of ministers set up to decide GST reduction on Covid relief material has recommended that the GST on vaccines be determined by Gst Council and has therefore referred the matter back to the council said people aware of the details.
1. GST council should decide the rate on vaccines it has been recommended by GoM
2. GST Council will have to meet again to take a decision on this aspect.
3. The GoM headed by Meghalaya CM suggested reduction in GST rate of Covid relief material to 5% on items including medical grade oxygen oxygen concentrators pulse oximeter and Covid testing kits the official added.
4. Exemptions for drugs related to treatment of black fungus has also been recommended the Gst Council had exempted the import of Mucormycosis drug from the tax in its last meeting held on May 28 but had decided to set up the GoM to look into exemptions from the Levy of COVID-19 vaccine and other medical products related to treatment of the disease the GoM was given time till June 8 to submit its report.
5. The GoM set up after several state in the Gst Council meeting sought for complete tax waiver on Covid related vaccine medical medicines and other medical material and equipment the fitment committee of GST Council had last month recommended reduction in the items to 5% till July until August for COVID-19 testing kits.
6. It had not recommended any change in rate of PPE kits and sanitizers ventilators and N95 surgical masks and ambulances