Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
GST Policy Wing
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 29th October, 2018
Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of Central Tax (All)
Subject: Creation of GST Helpdesks for MSME sector by CBIC coinciding with the event of Hon’ble Prime Minister on 2nd November, 2018 to support MSMEs- convened by Department of Financial Services — reg.
Government of India is launching a program on 02nd November, 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan to support MSMEs and to reach out to them wherein Department of Financial Services will be the nodal agency to monitor overall progress. The said program will be simultaneously launched in 80 districts (as per list enclosed) and will run for 100 days for strengthening the ecosystem for MSMEs. The program will be further extended to 20 more districts of poll bound States after respective completion of election process. To synergise the effort, Government has appointed nodal officer (Prabhari Officers) at the level of Addl /Jt. Secy in the Govt of India for each of the districts (as per list enclosed).
2. In view of the importance of the above program, it is imperative to operationalise in these districts, special GST Helpdesk for MSME sector, to highlight CBIC’s hand-holding of the MSNIK sector, particularly with regard to GST Registration/Return filing/Refunds/ E-way Bill etc. Further, CBIC’s GST publicity material, particularly in relation to the MSME sector, may be adequately displayed and disseminated in local languages and outreach initiatives be carried out in these districts for the said period.
3. Accordingly, it is requested that nodal officers for these 80 districts may be appointed and the details may be sent to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by tomorrow 1 PM positively, in order to place the same on the CBIC’s website. This list would be shared with the nodal officer in DoPT which would hand over the details to Prabhari Officers. These nodal officers should be directed to coordinate with the respective Prabhari Officers in addressing any GST related issues of the MSMEs in their district. It is also requested that the following activities may be carried out by the CBIC field formations in coordination with the Prabhari Officers in relevant districts:
a. GST Help-desk for MSME sector with special emphasis on helping them in GST Registration/ Return filing and refund claims;
b. Publicity of activities/awareness campaigns carried out by CBIC in relation to GST;
c. Publicity of the CBIC GST apps;
d. Distribution of updated copies of Act, Rules, FAQs, flyers and other educational material.
4. The Director General (Tax Payer Services) has been requested to prepare and circulate adequate GST—related publicity material specially for MSME SECTOR in English, Hindi and regional languages which can be used by the Zones over the duration of the program, including the following:
a. Professionally made Videos on GST (2 to 3 minutes) which can be shared on social media such as WhatsApp, Facebook and You Tube;
b. Updated FAQs, Acts, Rules, Forms, Notifications and Circulars in booklet format which can be easily printed and distributed.
5. GST Council Secretariat is being requested to communicate about the said program to all the State Governments so that they can also support in this outreach by appointing State GST Officers as nodal officers for each of these districts.
6. A detailed report on the action taken may please be furnished by 6th November, 2018 to the undersigned at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. This issues with the approval of Finance Secretary.
Enclosed: (as above)
1. The Director General, Directorate General of Tax Payer Services, C.R. Building, I.P. Estate, New Delhi-110109, with a request to initiate necessary action in relation to para 4 above.
2. Shri Shashank Priya, The Joint Secretary, GST Council Secretariat, 5th floor, Tower-II, Prakash Bharti Building, Janpath Road, Connaught Place, New Delhi — 110 001- with request to communicate about the said program to all the SGST Commissioners and to ascertain the list of their nodal officers in order to provide the same to DoPT for further coordination. Further, Commissioners, SGST may be requested to coordinate with respective Zonal Pr. Chief Commissioners / Chief Commissioners of CBIC.