Composition Taxpayers can now file NIL statement through SMS
GSTN deploys the functionality
– About 20% of 17.11 lakh Composition taxpayers who file NIL statement to benefit the facility
– Facility of filing NIL GSTR-3B and NIL GSTR-1 through SMS has already been provided
– Taxpayers are advised to send SMS in the prescribed format to avail the benefits
Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN), the IT backbone of GST system, has launched the facility of filing of NIL statement for Composition Taxpayers. With this, Composition taxpayers can now file NIL statement in Form GST CMP-08 through SMS and without logging in to the GST portal. CMP-08 is a quarterly statement of self-assessed tax to be submitted by Composition Taxpayers.
The facility of filing NIL statement on GST portal will remain available to the taxpayers. As per GSTN statistics, a total of 17.11 lakh are registered under the Composition Scheme out of which about 20% (3.5 lakh) taxpayers who do NIL filing would be benefitted with this facility.
How to file Nil Form GST CMP-08 through SMS: (Watch Video)
The facility to file NIL GSTR-3B (Monthly summary return filed by Normal taxpayers) and NIL GSTR-1, (Monthly or quarterly return filed by Normal taxpayers to disclose their outward supplies along with their tax liability) has already been provided to the taxpayers. With the extension of this facility to the Composition Taxpayers, now over 35 lakhs taxpayers can NIL returns offline through SMS.
1. A Composition taxpayer may now file NIL statement in Form GST CMP-08 for a quarter, through an SMS, apart from filing it through online mode, on GST Portal.
2. To file NIL Form GST CMP-08 through SMS, the taxpayer must fulfil following conditions:
3. NIL Form CMP-08 for a tax period must be filed by the taxpayer, if there is no:
4. Steps to File Nil Form GST CMP-08 through SMS are as below:
(For example for NIL Filing for Tax Period Apr-Jun 2020: NIL C8 07AQDPP8277H8Z6 062020)
(For Example: If Verification Code received here is 324961: CNF space Return Type space Code – CNF C8 324961)
5. All the authorized representatives for a particular GSTIN, with unique mobile number can file NIL Form GST CMP-08 through SMS.
6. The due date for filing of Form GST CMP-08 is 18th of the month following the quarter.
7. For more details on filing Nil Form GST CMP-08 on the GST Portal Click this