Types of Audit
1. Audit by Tax Authorities
2. Special Audit
Audit by Tax Authorities
1. Under What circumstances:- Not Specific, means order can be given under any circumstances.
2. Who can order:- Commissioner or any officer authorised by him.
3. What kind of order:- General or Special in GST ADT-01.
4. Period of audit:- Such period as prescribed in order. It shall be a financial year or multiple thereof.
5. Frequency of audit:- as given in order.
6. Manner of audit:- as prescribed. (Rules)
7. Place of Audit:- Registered office of the taxable person or office of the proper officer.
8. Notice period:- not less than 15 days .
9. Time Limit of Completed Audit:– three months from the date of commencement.
10. Extension of Time Limit of completed Audit:- extend to further period of 6 months
11. Who can extend:- Commissioner
12. How can extend:- The Commissioner should record the reason in writing.
13. What is the date of commencement of Audit:- Date when the documents or other information is made available or Actual institution of Audit at the place of business whichever is later.
14. Information for Audit:– O. may require the registered person
Afford the facility for the audit
To furnish such information and render assistance for timely completion of audit.
15. Time Limit of giving findings:- within 30 days of completing the audit.
16. What will be included in findings:– Findings, Right, obligation and the reason of the findings. (GST ADT-02).
17. Results of Audit:- In case of tax not paid, short paid , erroneously refund or wrong tax credit availed or utilised, action under section 73 or section 74.
1. Who can direct for special audit:- Officer not below the rank of assistant commissioner with prior approval of commissioner to the registered person to get his account audited . (GST ADT-03).
2. When such direction shall be made:- At the stage any scrutiny, inspection, inquiry or any proceedings before him, having regard to the nature and complexity of the case and the interest of revenue.
♦ Value has not been correctly declared.
♦ Credit availed is not within the normal limit.
3. Who will conduct the special audit:- Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant or person nominated by the commissioner.
4. Time Limit of Completion of special Audit and submit the report:- within 90 days
5. Extension of special audit:- further period of 90 days.
6. Who can apply for extension:- Registered person or Auditor
7. Opportunity of being heard:– The registered person shall be given the opportunity of being heard before the final audit report being submitted.
8. Who will pay the cost of special audit:- Expenses including remuneration shall be determined and paid by commissioner and such determination shall be final.
9. Results of Special Audit:- In case of tax not paid, short paid , erroneously refund or wrong tax credit availed or utilised, action under section 73 or section 74. (GST ADT-04).