c.F.No. 11-1-02-2002-SB (Pt–I)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
Dated: – 10/08/2020
All Head of Circles/Regions,
Subject: – Regarding amendment in SB-5 and SB-5A passbooks used in CBS and non CBS Post Offices.
In continuation of SB Order 10/2017 dated 17.08.2017 by which two type of passbooks were introduced i.e. SB-5 for SB/RD/MIS/SCSS/PPF/SSA and SB-5A for TD/NSC/KVP.
2. It has come to the notice of the Postal Directorate that many Circles are not using SB-5A passbooks for TD/NSC/KVP. Further, in the light of Rule 18 of “Government Savings Promotion General Rules 2018” and to avoid wastage of papers, the competent authority has accordingly decided to discontinue the printing of 12 pages salient features of various Small Savings Schemes in the passbooks.
3. Henceforth, the printing of passbook is to be done in the following manner:
A. SB-5 For SB/RD/MIS/SCSS/PPF/SSA: – 12 pages + Cover page. (First page for printing of account information, 2nd to 11th page for printing of transactions and 12th page will remain blank for entering closure/extension/pledge details etc.)
B. SB-5A For 1/2/3/5 yr. TD/KVP/NSC: – 4 pages + Cover page.
(First page for printing of account information, 2nd to 3rd page for printing of transaction/interest entry and 4th page will remain blank for entering closure/extension/pledge details etc.)
C. Additional details
i) Specification for Cover page will be same as being used currently.
ii) Inside of cover page General Instruction to be printed in English/Hindi, Regional Language same as being currently done.
iii) Below General Instruction following line to be printed:‑
Salient features of National Savings Schemes/Small Savings Schemes is available at https://www.indiapost.gov.in/Financial/pages/Content/Post-Office-Saving-Schemes.aspx and details are available at https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pages/RTI/RTI-Manual-5.aspx
iv) Other specification (i.e. size, paper, thread) will remains same as being used in existing passbooks.
4. It is requested to circulate these amendments to all concerned for information and guidance and necessary action.
5. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Assistant Director (SB)
1. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
2. PS to Director General Postal Services.
3. PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (co-ordination)/r4ember (Banking)/ Member (o)/ Member (p)/Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (pLI)/ Member (Tech).
4. Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
5. Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser
6. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
7. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
8. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
9. Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
10. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
11. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
12. Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
13. All Sections of Postal Directorate
14. All recognized Federations / Unions/ Associations
15. GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website.
16. MOF (DEA), NS-II, North Block, New Delhi.
17. Joint Director & HOD, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi‑110002
18. Guard File
19. Spare copies.