Scheme Guidelines for Remission of Duties and Taxes on Exported Products (RoDTEP)
As we all are aware that the new RoDTEP scheme was introduced as a part of Foreign Trade Policy replacing MEIS benefit. This much needed and awaited scheme has been announced by commerce ministry vide Notification No. 19/2015020 dated 17 August 2021 along with applicable rate of benefit as announced under Appendix 4R. Excerpts of the scheme is provided as under:
1. Export of imported goods covered under para 2.46 of FTP;
2. Export through transhipment (exports originating in third country);
3. Export products which are subject to Minimum Export price or export duty;
4. Products which are restricted for export under Schedule 2 of Export Policy in ITC(HS);
5. Products which are prohibited for export under Schedule 2 of Export Policy in ITC(HS);
6. Deemed Exports;
7. Supplies from DTA to SEZ / FTWZ;
8. Products manufactured in EHTP and BTP;
9. Products manufactured party / wholly in warehouse as provided in Section 65 of the customs act;
10. Products manufactured or exported in discharge of export obligation against Advance Authorisation / DFIA;
11. Products manufactured / exported by EOU;Products manufactured / exported by SEZ / FTZ / EPZ;
12. Products manufactured / exported availing the benefit of Notification No. 32/1997 – Customs dated 1 April 1997;
13. Exports from non-EDI port;
14. Goods taken into use after manufacture
Inclusion of Exports made by ineligible categories listed at No. 10, 11 and 12 (Advance license, DFIA, EOU, SEZ, etc), would be decided based on the recommendations of the RoDTEP committee.
Nature of Rebate: E-scrips would be used only for payment of Basic Customs Duty.
Monitoring , Audit and Risk Management System: A monitoring and Audit system will be put in place by CBIC for verification of documents and records on physical basis. Sample cases for physical verification will be drawn objectively on risk and other relevant parameters.
We have linked copies of both scheme and rates below. We shall keep you posted on the further updates of the scheme.
Feel free to connect if you require any additional information / clarification in this regard.