OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-III
MUMBAI CUSTOMS ZONE-II
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TAL:- URAN, DIST : RAIGAD. PIN – 400 707.
F. No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/AM (I)/JNCH
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 53/2018
Subject: – Procedure to be followed for obtaining unique DPD code to DPD importers -Reg.
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, General Trade, Customs Brokers, Port Terminal Operator, Shipping Lines / Shipping Agents, CFSs coming under the jurisdiction of Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House (JNCH), Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited to the Public Notice No. 127/2016 JNCH dated 16.09.2016 and Public Notice No. 05/2017 dated 12.01.2017 regarding the procedure for registration of DPD clients at Terminals.
2. As per the prevailing provisions, the importer who intends to avail DPD facility shall have to submit duly filled in registration form along with certain prescribed documents to get themselves registered with the Port Terminals. However, it has been repeatedly represented by the trade that they are finding difficulties in filling registration forms at all the four Terminals and obtaining the DPD code from all Terminals. Further, shipping lines on many occasions have raised their concern that they are also facing difficulties in maintaining different “DPD Codes” allotted by each Terminal Operator to one Importer.
3. The present procedure of registration at terminals were examined in consultation with Terminal operators, Shipping line association and with member of trade & industry and it was observed that reluctance of Importer in getting registered at four terminals and problems being faced by Trade/Shipping lines are adversely affecting DPD volumes at JNCH. For example, number of Importers who have been issued permission letters for availing DPD facility are 1625 however, only 1340 clients have get themselves registered with JNPCT as on 29.12.2018.
4. In order to make further efforts to provide ease of doing business, reduce dwell time and thereby reducing costs involved, recently following directions were issued to port terminals in terms of Clause (n) of Regulation 5(1) and Sub Regulation (2) of Regulation 7 of Handling of Cargo in Customs Areas Regulations, 2009:
i. Now DPD Importers are required to get themselves registered at JNPCT only. After obtaining DPD permission letter from JNCH Customs, Importers are required to submit specified documents as per prevalent practice for registration at JNPCT. JNPCT will allot unique code to these DPD Importers. Other terminals (NSICT/NSIGT/GTI/BMCT) will use the same DPD Code (allotted by JNPCT) for the purpose of extending DPD facility to Importer including opening PD account etc.
ii. Whenever such DPD code is allotted by JNPCT, intimation of the same should be sent to other terminals (NSICT/NSIGT/GTI/BMCT). Thereafter, importer should approach other terminals to comply with other requirements like opening of PD Account etc with the same DPD code (as allotted by JNPCT).
iii. GTI/NSICT/NSIGT/BMCT will share existing DPD codes allotted by them to DPD clients with JNPCT. While allotting unique DPD codes to new DPD clients, to avoid duplicity, JNPCT have to ensure that these new DPD codes are not the same as already allotted by other Terminal Operators to any DPD Importer.
iv. JNPCT have to share DPD codes already allotted to DPD clients with other Terminal Operators. In order to achieve single DPD code at all Terminals, GTI, NSICT, NSIGT and BMCT have to replace their existing DPD codes to the DPD codes provided by JNPCT within 45 days of issuance of this Public Notice.
(Note:- As informed by Terminal operators, the system of allotting single code has already been started)
5. In case of any difficulty, the issue may be brought to the notice of Additional Commissioner in charge of ‘DPD Cell’, NS-III (email address: [email protected])
Commissioner of Customs (NS-III)
Copy to: –
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
6. Terminal Operator (JNPCT, GTI, NSICT, NSIGT, BMCT),
7. Representative of BCBA / FIEO for information and circulation among their members.
8. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately