OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS- I
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TAL: URAN, DIST: RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400 707.
F.No. S/22-Gen- 20/2020-21/AM (I)/JNCH
Subject: Manufacturing and other operations in a Warehouse Regulations (MOOWR) and waiver of interest – Changes in ICES – reg.
Attention of Importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers, Shipping Lines/ Agents, Logistics Service Providers, CFSs Custodians, Trade, Customs Staff and all other stakeholders is invited to ICES Advisory No. 33/2020 dated 16.09.2020 issued by Directorate General of Systems and Data Management, CBIC.
2. As per Section 61 of the Customs Act, 1962 no interest is leviable on Ex-Bond Bills of Entry filed for clearing the goods for home consumption, from a Section 65 warehouse. In consonance with the same, following changes have been made in the ICES:
2.1. IEC – Warehousing Mapping: For identifying the Warehouses which have been licensed for manufacturing activity under the MOOWR, an option has been given under the ACB i.e. AC (Bonds) role in IEC-Warehouse Mapping menu in order to enter the IEC and Warehouse Code for the purpose of mapping in the System once the license has been granted by the Principal Commissioner or Commissioner of Customs. This mapping will be used to validate the Bills of Entry filed with Sec 65 declaration.
2.2. Changes in the declaration of Ex-Bond Bill of Entry: An updated BE message format has been uploaded on ICEGATE website (https://icegate.gov.in/msg_guideline.html). Changes have been made in the BE_ITEM_SW_CTRL table of the BE. Annexure 1 gives the field level details of these changes. This additional information pertains to Ex-Bond BEs filed for home clearance after manufacturing in the Section 65 Warehouse and is required to be furnished for every item in such Ex Bond BE. Accordingly, items covered under Ex-Bond BE cleared from the particular Sec 65 Warehouse will attract no interest.
2.3. Re-crediting of WBE Ledger in case of Re-export: In case of export of the resultant goods/finish products from the Sec 65 warehouse, option has been given under the ACB role menu to re-credit the Warehouse BE ledger by entering the concerned Shipping Bill details through Exports details of WHBE option.
3. The above changes will come into effect from 21.09.2020. Trade and other stakeholders are advised to refer to the new BE message format for filing the Bills of Entry w.e.f. 21.09.2020.
4. Difficulties, if any, faced in implementation of the said Public Notice may be brought to the notice of the Addl./ Joint Commissioner (Appraising Main (Import)) through email at [email protected]
(Sunil Kumar Mall)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/NS-I/NS-II/NS-III/NS-Audit/NS-V, JNCH.
3. The Chairman JNPT//CEO NSICT, CEO GTI/ CEO BMCT for information.
4. All Additional/Joint/Dy./Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections/Group of NS-G/NS-I/NS-II/NS-III/NS-Audit/NS-V, JNCH.
6. Representative of CSLA/MANSA CFSAI / BCBA / FIEO / Members of PTFC for information and circulation among their members and other importers for information.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.
Declaration in the BE_ITEM_SW_CTRL table of the Bill of Entry
|Ctrl_slno||Control Serial No
starting from 1
|Ctrl_cd||Fixed Value ‘SEC65’|
|Ctrl_loc||10-digit Warehouse code of the Sec 65 Warehouse||This warehouse code and the IEC in the BE will be validated with the IEC-Warehouse mapping entered in System by the jurisdictional Commissionerate|
|Ctrl_res_cd||GST Invoice No under which the finished products manufactured by using this item in the BE were cleared||Max 16 digits.
In case the finished products were
cleared under more than one invoices, Ctrl_slno can be used to give multiple records for multiple invoices
|Ctrl_end_dt||GST Invoice Date|
|Ctrl_res_txt||Goods Description of Finished Product||First 8 characters will be valid CTH code of finished product followed by a pipe delimiter (|), then followed by Goods description|
|Ctrl_msr||Quantity of the finished product cleared under this Invoice|
|Ctrl_uqc||Unit Quantity Code of the finished products|