OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-III),
MUMBAI ZONE-II, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM
HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA, TALUKA: URAN, DISTRICT:
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 81/2018
SUB : Increase in the validity period of Chapter 3 Scrips – clarification reg.
Attention of the exporters, importers, custom brokers, other members from trade & industries and all concerned are invited to Trade Notice No. 08/2018-19, dated 15th May, 2018 issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) on the above subject.
2. Vide earlier Public Notice No. 33/2015-2020 dated 23rd October, 2017 issued by DGFT, the para 3.13 of Handbook of Procedures (2015-2020) was substituted to read as under:
“Duty Credit Scrip issued on or after 01.01.2016 under chapter 3 shall be valid for a period of 24 months from the date of issue and must be valid on the date on which actual debit of duty is made. Revalidation of Duty Credit Scrip shall not be permitted unless covered under paragraph 2.20(c) of HBP.”
3. Vide the aforesaid Trade Notice No. 08/2018-19 dated 15.05.2018, the DGFT has clarified that the Public Notice No. 33/2015-2020 dated 23rd October, 2017 applies to all scrips issued under Chapter 3 of Foreign Trade Policy irrespective of the FTP period.
4. In view of the aforesaid changes, Members from trade, exporters, importers are advised to avail benefit of aforesaid provisions/relaxations.
5. Difficulty, if any may also be brought to the notice of Deputy / Assistant Commissioner in charge of Appraising Main (Export) through email / phones (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone No : 02227244959,).
6. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS
Copy to (By email only):
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
2. All the Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
3. All Addl./Joint Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
4. All Deputy/Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
5. The DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH website.
6. BCBA/FIEO for circulation among their members, trade and industry.