OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (EXPORT)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TAL. URAN, DIST. RAIGADH, MAHARASHTRA 400 707.
F. No. S/12-Gen-Misc-82/2015-16/DBK/BRC NS-II
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 137 /2017
Attention of importers, exporters, customs brokers and members of trade is invited to the Public Notice No. 11/2009 dated 09.03.2009, wherein the procedure was laid down to fulfil the working of BRC Module as envisaged in Boards Circular No. 05/2009-Cus. Dated 02.02.2009.
2. In terms of Para 7 of Public Notice No. 11/2009 dated 09.03.2009 and Board Circular No. 05/2009 dated 02.02.2009 exporters are required to furnish a negative statement from the Authorized Dealer/Chartered Accountant in the prescribed Annexure from 01.01.2004 on wards ( separately for six months).
3. It has come to notice that many exporters are not submitting separate 6 monthly negative statement of the Authorized Dealer/CA in the prescribed format, i.e., for the period January –June/July – December for every year after 01.01.2004. As a result the details of export proceeds for export shipments made during the period of 6 months are not properly reflected. Negative certificate merely shows “Nil” and columns are not filled in by Authorized Dealer/C.A. Submission of such certificates do not reflect the shipping bills against which there is late realization of sale proceeds which is in violation of provisions envisaged under Section 75 (1) of the Customs Act, 1962 read with sub-rule 16A (1) of the Customs, Central Excise Duties and Service Tax Drawback Rules, 1995.
3 It is therefore, reiterated that exporters should refrain from submitting consolidated statements as described above and should submit separate statements for the period January-June/July-December for each year in terms of Public Notice No. 11/2009 dated 09.03.2009 as envisaged in Boards Circular No. 05/2009 – Cus dated 02.02.2009. The certificate must show the details of export proceeds against shipping bills, not realized or realized beyond the statutory time limit set by Reserve Bank of India from time to time.
Commissioner of Customs (Export)
Copy to :-
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone II,
2. The Commissioner of Customs (Import), JNCH.
3. All the Addl/Jt. Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
4. All the Trade Associations.
5. The Bombay Custom House Agents Association.