Discontinuing requirement for physical copies of certain documents (OOC copy, delivery order issued by shipping line, proof of payment of stamp duty), presently being collected by Terminal Operators for DPD delivery from Port Terminal, reg
OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-III
MUMBAI CUSTOMS ZONE-II
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TAL:- URAN, DIST : RAIGAD. PIN – 400 707.
No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/ AM (I)/JNCH
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 138/2017
Subject:- Discontinuing the requirement for physical copies of certain documents (OOC copy, delivery order issued by shipping line, proof of payment of stamp duty), presently being collected by Terminal Operators for DPD delivery from Port Terminal, reg..
Attention of the DPD Importers, General Trade, Port Terminal Operator and all other stakeholders is invited to the Public Notice No 27/2017, dated 02.03.2017, No 28/2017, dated 06.03.2017, No 33/2017, dated 15.03.2017 and various other decisions communicated through Standing Orders / Public Notices issued from time in relation to procedure about release of containers to DPD importers for Direct Port Delivery.
2. It has been brought to the notice of this Customs House that some Port Terminal Operators continue to collect physical copies of certain documents (OOC copy, delivery order issued by shipping line, proof of payment of stamp duty) for allowing release & DPD delivery from Port Terminal. It has also been informed that aforesaid hard copies are being collected as a matter of practice, though, there is no such requirements specified by Customs.
3. Presently, containers are released to the DPD importers
i. On the basis of OOC message transmitted by ICES & Delivery Order by shipping lines (through PCS) to Port Terminal System; or
ii. On the basis of scanned copies of aforesaid documents sent by DPD importers to Terminal Operator through email / uploading on their
3.1 In both the situation, the verified electronic copy of aforesaid documents are available and collection of additional hard copies of such documents does not serve any purpose.
4. Therefore, it has been informed that Port Terminal Operators may dis-continue to collect physical copies of these documents (OOC copy, delivery order issued by shipping line, proof of payment of stamp duty) for DPD delivery from Port Terminal, as such hard copies are not required by Customs.
5. It is also desirable that physical copies of such documents already collected by Terminal Operator may be disposed of as per their internal procedure.
6. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of Deputy/ Assistant Commissioner in charge of DPD Cell, NS-III (email address: email@example.com)
7. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-III).
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
6. Representative of BCBA / FIEO for information and circulation among their members for information.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately