OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-III)
MUMBAI ZONE-II, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM
HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA, TALUKA: URAN, DISTRICT
F. No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/ AM(I) Part-I
STANDING ORDER NO. 02/2018
Subject: – Use of DIGIT by JNCH, Procedure to be Followed–Reg.
Attention of all the officers and staff of JNCH, particularly, SIIB (Import), SIIB (Export), CIU, Centralized Legal Section, Centralized Adjudication Section (CAC), all Appraising Groups of all Commissionerates of JNCH is invited to importance of systematic data capture and proper use of DIGIT.
2. There is need to rely on DIGIT as a complete database for Customs offences. Use of DIGIT as a single source of Customs offences would be possible only when all concerned formations complete the task of data entry in DIGIT and keep it updated. Hence, it is expected that concerned Additional / Joint Commissioner to personally monitor the compliance.
A. CASES BOOKED BY SIIB(I), SIIB(X) & CIU
i. PREVIOUS CASES
It is being informed that role of some AO / Superintendents working in SIIB(I), SIIB(X) and CIU have already been mapped and ID and Password has also been created & informed to all such officers. Further, training has also been conducted in JNCH for DIGIT. Therefore, all the concerned AO / Superintendents working in SIIB(I), SIIB(X) and CIU have already been instructed to commence updating data of their respective Sections on DIGIT and ensure that details of all cases under investigation (including SCNs issued on or after 01.01.2018) are entered on DIGIT by 20.01.2018.
ii. CASES UNDER INVESTIGATION & FRESH / NEW CASES
All the concerned AO / Superintendent working in SIIB(I), SIIB(X) and CIU will ensure that after approval of show cause notice, “Unique DIGIT Serial No.” is incorporated /marked on the SCN (either at footer or header).
B. CASES DETECTED BY GROUP / REFERRED TO GROUP BY DOCKS
It is being informed that role of all the Group AC/ DCs under NS-I, II, III, IV, V have already been mapped and ID and Password have also been created & informed to all AC/ DCs. Further, training has also been conducted in JNCH. Therefore, all the concerned AC/DCs Groups have already been instructed to commence updating data of their respective Groups on DIGIT and ensure that details of all cases under investigation, where show cause notice is yet to be issued (including SCNs issued on or after 01.01.2018) are entered in DIGIT by 20.01.2018.
Further, all the adjudicating Authorities (issuing such show cause notices) should also ensure that “Unique DIGIT Serial No” is marked on the SCN (either at footer or header) before issue. The same “Unique DIGIT Serial No.” should also be mentioned / incorporated in the OIO issued by adjudicating authorities.
In case of spot / live adjudications, also, a “Unique DIGIT Serial No” is required to be mentioned in the OIO.
C. CENTRALIZED LEGAL CELL / CENTRALIZED ADJUDICATION CELL
It would be responsibility of CLC to get the status of the case updated in DIGIT at each appellate stage of the case in co-ordination with:
Similarly, in the same manner, CAC would be responsible to get the status of the case updated in DIGIT at the Settlement Commission stage, if such application is filed.
3. In view of the above, it is being made mandatory from 20/01/2018 onwards that no SCNs/OIO are issued without unique Digit Serial Number.
4. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of ADC/ JC, SIIB (IMPORT), NS-III or DC/AC in charge of SIIB (Import), NS-III.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-III).
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
6. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018