Government of India
Ministry of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi-11
Policy Circular No. 46 (RE-98)/98-99,
(1) All Licensing Authorities,
(2) All Commissioners of Customs,
(3) The Federation of Indian Export Organizations, New Delhi
(4) All Chambers of Commerce and Industries /Assoication on mailing list.
(5) All Designated Authorities Pass Book Scheme.
Subject: Clarification on the erstwhile Pass Book Scheme issued under Exim Policy, 1992-97.. Regarding utilisation of credits.
Kind attention is invited to Policy Circular No. 24 (RE-98) dated 23.7.98 on the subject mentioned above.
2. Representaions have been received from various exporters requesting to extend the date of grant of credits further by Designated Authorities of Pass Book Scheme and Customs authorities as these authorities could not finalise the claims due to the circumstances which were beyond their control.The matter has been considered carefully . All the Designated Authorities of Pass Book Scheme and Commissioners of Customs are, advised to finalise the claims and grant credits, wherever admissible positively by 31.10.1998. It is further clarified that no further extension will be accorded under any circumstances.
3. This issues with the approval of Director General of Foreign Trade.
Jt. Director General of Foreign Trade