F. No. 401/199/2016- Cus III
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Excise and Customs)
North Block, New Delhi 21st December, 2016.
All Chief Commissioner of Customs
All Chief Commissioner of Customs. Central excise and Service Tax
Subject: Working Group for effective implementation of Article 1 of Trade Facilitation Agreement
The undersigned has been directed to inform that Board has constituted a Working Group for effective implementation of Article 1 of ‘Trade Facilitation Agreement, The nominated members and Terms of reference for the Working Group are as hereunder:
1. Shri P.V. Subba Rao JS (COFEPOSA) (Working Group leader)
2. Shri Satish S. Dhavale, ADC (Import), Mumbai Zone III
3. Shri T. Prabhakar, Deputy Commissioner, CC Office, Chennai Zone
4. Shri Maneesh Kumar, Deputy Commissioner, ACC (Import), New Delhi
B. Terms of reference:
(i) Prepare a ready reckoner in the form of a matrix listing all the existing Rules and Regulations and Circulars corresponding to each Section of the Act. Give suggestions on cross- referencing the sections of the Customs Act with Rules, Regulations, Notifications and Circulars issued by the Board.
(ii) Consolidate the Rules and Regulations into as few sets of Rules and Regulations as possible, aligning them, to the extent possible, with the Sections of the Act. Give suggestions on subject-wise indexing of provisions of the Customs Act, Rules, Regulations. Notifications and Circulars.
(iii) Consolidate Notifications issued under Section 11 into a single notification aligning it with the Customs Tariff headings. Wherever possible, the compulsory compliance requirements under other laws should be incorporated into the Notification so that all restrictions on imports and exports in the country are available at a glance in one notification.
(iv)Examine if any other changes in the rules, regulations and procedures can be made to bring about a quantum jump in the ease of doing business.
(v) To give suggestions on a mechanism to ensure regular and timely updating and providing ready references.
2. The Working Group shall consult stakeholders and officers of the department as required in the exercise. All officers of the department should extend full cooperation to the Working Group. The Working Group should submit its interim report covering (i) and (iii) above within 45 days and the final report within 90 days to the Board.
3. This issues with the approval of the Member(Customs).
Tele-fax: 2309 5572