It has now been decided to extend the facility of automated clearance of Bills of Entry to all customs formations where the Customs EDI system is operational, with effect from 05.03.2020.
F. No.450/26/2019-Cus IV
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs)
Room No. 229A, North Block, New Delhi.
New Delhi, dated the 28th of February, 2020
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
Subject: Implementation of automated clearance on All-India basis–reg.
Kind reference is invited to Board`s Circular No 05/2020-Customs dated 27.01.2020 vide which facility of automated clearance was implemented on a pilot basis at two customs locations-Chennai Customs House and Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House with effect from 06.02.2020.
2. Board has reviewed the implementation of the pilot roll-out of automated clearance at the two customs locations.
3. It has now been decided to extend the facility of automated clearance of Bills of Entry to all customs formations where the Customs EDI system is operational, with effect from 05.03.2020.
4. The important features of the automated clearance are as follows-
i. The facility will only be for ICES locations where RMS is enabled and fully functional.
ii. All the Customs Compliance Verification (CCV) requirements under the Customs Act, rules, instructions etc will be done by the designated proper officer of Customs.
iii. The CCV would operate even while duty has not been paid or payment is under process.
iv. After completion of CCV, the proper officer of customs, on satisfaction that the goods are ready for clearance, will confirm the completion of the CCV for the particular Bill of Entry in the Customs System.
v. On confirmation of payment of applicable duty, the Customs System will then electronically give clearance to the Bill of Entry.
5. The detailed requirements and changes in ICES shall be communicated to field formations by way of ICES- Advisory from DG Systems.
6. Suitable Trade Notice/ Standing order may please be issued to guide the trade and industry. Difficulty, if any, faced in implementation may be brought to the notice of Board immediately.
(Eric C Lallawmpuia)
OSD Cus IV