[PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (I)]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
19th January, 2004
Notification No. 6/2004-Customs (N.T.)
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 156 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Customs Valuation (Determination of Price of Imported Goods) Rules, 1988, namely:-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Customs Valuation (Determination of Price of Imported Goods) Amendment Rules, 2004.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Customs Valuation (Determination of Price of Imported Goods) Rules, 1988 , in sub-rule (2) of rule 9, after third proviso, the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:-
“Provided also that in case of goods imported by sea stuffed in a container for clearance at an Inland Container Depot or Container Freight Station, the cost of freight incurred in the movement of container from the port of entry to the Inland Container Depot or Container freight Station shall not be included in the cost of transport referred to in clause (a).”
Under Secretary to the Government of India
F.No.467/24/2000- Cus.V( Vol.III)
Note:- The Principal rules were published in the Gazette of India vide notification No.51/88-Cus.(NT), dated the 18th July, 1988 [GSR 800(E), dated 18th July, 1988] and last amended by Notification No.41/2001-Cus. (N.T.), dated 7.9.2001 [ GSR 652 (E), dated 7.09.2001].
(1) No.53/88-Cus (N.T.), dated 10.08.1988; GSR 851(E), dated 10.08.1988
(2) No.71/89-Cus (N.T.), dated 19.12.1989; GSR 1055(E), dated 19.12.1989
(3) No.39/90-Cus (N.T.), dated 05.07.1990; GSR 619(E), dated 05.07.1990
(4) No.44/90-Cus (N.T.), dated 03.08.1990; GSR 695(E), dated 03.08.1990
(5) No.67/91-Cus (N.T.), dated 01.10.1991; GSR 612(E), dated 01.10.1991
(6) No.26/95-Cus (N.T.), dated 24.04.1995; GSR 358(E), dated 24.04.1995
(7) No.10/98-Cus (N.T.), dated 19.02.1998; GSR 77(E), dated 19.02.1998
(8) No.41/2001-Cus (N.T.), dated 7.9.2001; GSR 652(E), dated 7.09.2001