This is in continous to my previous article : “MSME’s Basic Information”.
Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has notified the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) under the MSMED Act, 2006 vide gazette notification [SO No. 2576(E)] dated 18-09-2015 in order to promote ease of doing business for MSMEs. The salient feature of UAM are
MSMEs shall file Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum, (referred to as the memorandum) in Form I in accordance with the following procedure, 1:
1. The memorandum shall be filed online on the website of the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India at http://udyogaadhar.gov.in
2. Every micro, small and medium engaged in the manufacturing of goods or rendering of services with total investment in plant and machinery below the limit specified in section 7 of the said Act, shall file the memorandum;
3. The memorandum shall be filed only after establishing the unit, obtaining all regulatory approvals and starting commercial operations;
4. Any number of activities including manufacturing or service or both may be specified in the memorandum;
5. The proprietor in the case of a proprietorship firm, managing partner in the case of a partnership firm and a karta in the case of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), shall provide his Aadhaar Number in the memorandum;
6. In case of a company or a limited liability partnership or a cooperative society or a society or a trust, Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the organisation along with Aadhaar number of the authorised signatory shall be specified in the memorandum;
7. ‘one time password (OTP) for verification of the fresh memorandum as well as amending of the existing memorandum shall be sent on mobile phone linked to the Aadhaar Number of the applicant and the applicant shall enter the OTP in the form before submitting the memorandum;
8. The memorandum shall be filed on self-certification basis and no additional document is required to be uploaded at the time of such filing.
Provided that the Central Government or the State Government or such person as may be authorized in this behalf may seek documentary proof of the information provided in the memorandum, wherever necessary;
1. Udyog Aadhaar Acknowledgment in Form I along with a unique Udyog Aadhaar Number (UAN) shall be generated and mailed to the email address provided in the memorandum;
2. There shall be no fee for filing the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum;
3. In case an applicant or the authorised signatory does not have Aadhaar Number or in cases where online filing is not possible for any reason, a hard copy of the duly filled form I, shall be submitted to the concerned District Industries Center (DIC) or to the Office of the Micro, Small & Medium Enterprise – Development Institute (MSME-DI) under the Development Commissioner, MSME and the concerned DIC or MSME-DI shall file the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum online, on the behalf of such enterprise;
4. No enterprise shall file more than one memorandum;
5. In case of change in address or addition or deletion of activities by the enterprises or for other changes, the proprietor or the managing partner or an authorized person may apply for amendment of the existing memorandum in accordance with the guidelines for filing the online Udyog Aadhaar Form provided in the website of the Ministry of Micro, Small and
Medium Enterprises, at http://udyogaadhaar.gov.in.The procedure for amendment in the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum would be same as that for filing new Memorandum;
6. UAM registration has replaced Entrepreneurship Memorandum-If (EM-II)
7. Existing enterprises which have filed Entrepreneurship Memorandum-II or the holders of Small Scale Industry registration, prior to the coming into force of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act 2006 (27 of 2006) shall not be required to file Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum, but if they so desire they may also file the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum;
8. General Manager of the District Industries Center of the concerned district shall be Authorised to undertake enquiry for verifying the memorandum submitted by the enterprise and in case of any discrepancy, he shall issue a notice to the enterprise, giving it an opportunity to present its case and based on the findings, the authorised officer may amend or cancel the memorandum;
Guidelines for Filing the Online Udyog Aadhaar Form
1. Aadhaar Number: 12 digit Aadhaar number issued to the applicant should be filled in the appropriate field. (refer g & h as mentioned in procedure of UAM)
2. Name of Owner– The applicant should fill his/her name strictly as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI. E.g. if Saurabh Anokhchand Jain has his name as Saurabh A. Jain, the same should accordingly be entered if the name does not match with the Aadhar Number, the applicant will not be able to fill the form further.
To Validate Aadhar :
Validate Aadhar : The applicant must click on Validate Aadhaar button for verification of Aadhaar, after that only user can fill the form further.
Reset The applicant can click on reset button to clear the field of Aadhaar No and Name of the owner for different Aadhaar.
OTP will be sent to your mobile number registred with UIDAI. If your mobile number is not registered with UIDAI, please follow instructions given on Pop up window.
3. Social Category– The Applicant may select the Social Category (General, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Castes (OBC). The proof of belonging to SC, ST or OBC may be asked by appropriate authority, if and when required.
4. Gender: The Applicant can select gender of Entrepreneur
5. Physically Handicapped: The Applicant can select Physically Handicapped status of Entrepreneur
6. Name of Enterprise: The Applicant must fill the name by which his/her Enterprise is known to the customers/public and is a legal entity to conduct business. One applicant can have more than one enterprises doing business and each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Aadhaar Number as Enterprise 1 and Enterprise 2 etc. Combination of same Aadhaar Number and Enterprise Name can be added second times. Only additional details can be added or deleted at the time of editing
7. Type of Organization: The Applicant may select from the given list the appropriate type of the organisation for his/her enterprise. The Applicant must ensure that he/she is authorised by the legal entity (i.e. enterprise being registered for Udyog Aadhaar) to fill this online form. Only one Udyog Aadhaar number shall be issued for each enterprise.
8. PAN Number: The Applicant have to enter PAN Number in case of Co Operative, Private Limited, Public Limited and Limited Liability Partnership It. Will be optional in remaining type of Organisation
9. Location of Plant: The Applicant may add multiple plant location in one registration by clicking Add Plant button.
10. Official Address: The Applicant should fill in the appropriate field the complete postal address of the Enterprise including State, District, Pin code, Mobile No and Email.
11. Date of Commencement: The date in the past on which the business entity commenced its operations may be filled in the appropriate field.
12. Previous Registration Details(if any): If the Applicant’s enterprise, for which the Udyog Aadhaar is being applied, is already issued a valid EM-I/II by the concerned GM (DIC) as per the MSMED Act 2006 or the SSI registration prevailing prior to the said Act, such number may be mentioned in the appropriate place.
13. Bank Details– The Applicant must provide his/her bank account number used for running the Enterprise in the appropriate place. The Applicant must also provide the IFS Code of the bank’s branch where his/her mentioned account exists. The IFS code is now a days printed on the Cheque Books issued by the bank. Alternatively, if the Applicant knows the name of the Bank and the branch where his/her account is there, the IFSC code can be found from website of the respective Bank.
14. Major Activity– The major activity i.e. either “Manufacturing” or “Service” may be chosen by the enterprise for Udyog Aadhaar. If your enterprise involves in both type of activities and if major work involves in Manufacturing and small portion of activity involves in Service sector then select your major activity type as “Manufacturing” and if major work involves in Services and small portion of activity involves in Manufacturing then select your major activity type as “Services”
15. National Industry Classification Code (NIC Code): The Applicant may choose multiple National Industrial Classification-2008 (NIC) Codes to includes all their activities. Which means user can select multiple NIC code of Manufacturing and Service sector by clicking “Add More” button. If you want to add Manufacturing, then select “Manufacturing” radio button and keep on adding by clicking “Add More” button otherwise if you want to add Service then select “Services” radio button and keep on adding by clicking “Add More” button. The NIC codes are prepared by the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) under the Ministry of Statistics and Program implementation, Government of India.
The Applicant may use National Industrial Classification-2008 (NIC) Codes searching facility to avoid 3 steps selection process.
Example: User has to write matching key word (2 or more characters) in Search text box in Column No 11 . Then all related NIC CODEs will be listed (including Nic 2 Digit, Nic 4 Digit & Nic 5 Digit) with code and description. If User selects NIC 5 Digit code, then automatically all the related fields(like NIC 2 Digit, 4 Digit, 5 Digit & Enterprise Type) at column 11 will be automatically filled. Same way, If user selects NIC 4 digit, then related field of 2 digit NIC Code will filled, but user has to select NIC 5 digit from drop down(In this case 2 steps are required).
16. Person employed– The total number of people who are directly been paid salary/ wages by the enterprise may be mentioned in the appropriate field.
7. lnvestment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment: While computing the total investment, the original investment (purchase value of items) is to be taken into account excluding the cost of pollution control, research and development, industrial safety devices, and such other items as may be specified, by notification of RBI. If an enterprise started with a set of plant and machinery purchased in 2008 worth Rs. 70.00 lacs has procured additional plant and machinery in the year 2013 worth Rs. 65.00 lacs, then the total investment in Plant & Machinery may be treated as Rs. 135.00 lacs.
18. DIC– The Applicant, based on the location of the Enterprise, has to fill in location of DIC. This Column will be active and show option only when there are more than one DIC in the district. In fact if there is only one DIC in the district system will automatically register you in the same DIC.
19. Submit– The Applicant must click on Submit button to generate OTP which will be sent to email id mentioned for registration.
The Applicant have to enter OTP received on mobile (linked with Aadhaar) second time.
20. Enter Captcha– The Applicant must enter Captcha before clicking Final Submit button.
References : 1 : No.A-5411 12014-CDN dt 24/01/2017