Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), India Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India has issued Instructions for transfer online EPF during this Pandemic situation (COVID-19). Members with authenticated Aadhaar and Bank details seeded against their UAN can now submit their PF Withdrawal/Settlement/Transfer claims online.
The deadline for linking the EPA account to the Aadhaar card has been extended. Subscribers can now link their UAN to Aadhaar by December 31, 2021. Earlier, its last date was August 31, 2021. The previous or current employer of the EPF account holder should have digitally registered authorized signatories at the EPFO.
The process of transferring EPF by an EPF account holder has been made seamless by EPFO. It can be done online by way of a few clicks on by logging in at the Unified EPFO member portal — Click here.
♦ Follow these steps to transfer EPF online on Unified EPFO member portal.
1. It is an online process through Click here
2. Login to the official website via UAN and password available with you.
3. Go to ‘Online Services’ and click ‘One Member — One EPF Account (Transfer Request)’
4. Verify ‘personal information’ and ‘PF account’ for present employment
5. Click at ‘Get Details’; Your PF account details of previous employment would appear
6. Choose either previous employer or current employer for attesting form
7. Click ‘Get OTP’ to get one time password on UAN registered mobile number. Enter OTP and click ’submit’
8. Your EPF account will get transferred online after attestation by employer, either current or previous, you have chosen.
a) OTP will appear on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP and your Aadhaar number.
b) Bank account and bank IFSC code of the EPF account holder has to be seeded against the UAN.
c) If you are hoping to transfer your PF account online, you must note that your UAN registered mobile number needs to be active at all times. The EPF account will only get transferred online once it’s attested by either the current or the previous employer, depending on the option you have chosen.
Source: EPFO twitter handle
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to avoid errors or omissions in this material. In spite of this, errors may creep in. Any mistake, error or discrepancy noted may be brought to our notice which shall be taken care of in the next edition. In no event the author shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special or incidental damage resulting from or arising out of or in connection with the use of this information.