GOVERNMENT OF NCT OF DELHI
DELHI DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
Whereas, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) is satisfied that the NCT of Delhi is threatened with the spread of COVID-19 Virus, which has already been declared as a pandemic by the World Health Organization and has considered It necessary to take effective measures to prevent its spread and has issued various orders/instructions from time to time to all authorities concerned to take all required measures to appropriately deal with the situation in NCT of Delhi;
2. And whereas, DDMA has issued Order No. 500 dated 28.12.2021 and subsequent Order No. 504 dated 04.01.2022 (copy enclosed) with regard to permitted I prohibited I restricted activities in NCT of Delhi till further orders;
3. And whereas,the COV1D-19 situation in Delhi has again been reviewed In DDMA meeting held on 10.01.2022 under chairmanship of Hon’ble Lt. Governor and it has been observed that numbers of COVID-19 cases (including the cases of Omicron variant) have been rapidly increasing over the last few days & positivity rate has crossed 23%.Therefore. It has been felt necessary that some more additional restrictions are required to be imposed in Delhi to contain the spread of COVID-19 virus, including the highly contagious and transmissible Omicron variant.
4. Now, therefore, in continuation of DDMA Order No. 500 dated 28.12.202111 subsequent Order No. 504 dated 04 01 2022 and in exercise of powers conferred under section 22 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee, DDMA, GNCTD, hereby directs that in the territory of NCT of Delhi (outside Containment Zones), the following additional activities shall also be prohibited/restricted with immediate effect till further orders:
(i) All Private Offices shall be closed, except those which are falling under the ‘Exempted Category as prescribed in DDMA’s GRAP Order No. 460 dated 08.08.2021. The practice of work from home shall be followed.
(ii) All Restaurants & Bars shall be closed. However, restaurants will be allowed only for home delivery / takeaway of food items.
5. In case any person is found violating the aforesaid instructions. the defaulting person(s) shall be proceeded against as per the provisions of section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, Section 188 of IPC and other applicable laws, besides imposition of fines as per notification of Health & Family Welfare Department, GNCTD.
6. All District Magistrates, District DCPs, Zonal Deputy Commissioners / concerned authorities of Municipal Corporations / New Delhi Municipal Council! Delhi Cantonment Board and all other authorities concerned shall take necessary action for ensuring compliance of this order in their respective areas and shall adequately inform and sensitize the field functionaries about the same for strict enforcement. in letter and spirit.
7. This order shall not prohibit any further restrictions / measures imposed by any other Department or Authority or Institution empowered under any relevant law to control the spread of COVID-19 virus as well as for any other purpose.
Chief Secretary. Delhi
Copy for compliance to:
1. All Addl. Chief Secretaries/Principal Secretaries/Secretaries/HODS of Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Note for Our readers
EXEMPTED CATEGORY Include the following –
a) Private Banks.
b) Offices of companies providing essential services
c) Insurance/ Mediclaim Companies
d) Pharmaceutical company offices needed for management of production / distribution.
e) RBI regulated entitles and Intermediaries including standalone primary dealers, CCIL, NPCI, payment system operators and financial market Participants operating In RBI regulated markets.
f) All Non-Banking Financial Corporations
g) All Micro Finance Institutions.
h) Offices of advocates If operations of Courts, Tribunals or Commissions of Enquiries are on.
i) Courier services.
j) Offices of Chartered Accountants and Income Tax Practitioners as included vide Order F. No.60/DDMA/COVID-19/2021/Vol.ll/513 | Dated: 13.01.2022