26 Key Highlights on Lockdown Relaxation in Delhi announced by Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on 18th May, 2020
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today announced a slew of revised guidelines for phase four of the nationwide lockdown, saying barber shops, spas and salons will remain closed in the national capital for now and stepping out of homes between 7 pm to 7 am, except for essential services, will be prohibited. Kejriwal said taxis and cabs will be allowed but with only two passengers at a time in a car.
Kejriwal said private offices can also open at full strength, but “they should try that most of the staff works from home”. “Markets can open but shops will open on an odd-even basis. Sports complexes and stadiums can open but without spectators,” he added.
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal briefs the media over COVID-19 situation
Private offices can open at full strength but they should try that most of the staff works from home. Markets can open but shops will open on odd-even basis. Sports complexes & stadiums can open but without spectators: Delhi CM
We have to slowly move towards opening of economy.
We used lockdown period to make arrangements to deal with COVID-19.
1. Special Train from Delhi to Kerala on May 20 | A special train, carrying residents from Kerala, will start from Delhi on Wednesday, May 20.
2. Cab Services Allowed in Delhi: CM | Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal allows cabs and taxi services to operate in the national capital with only two passengers at a timein the vehicle. However, barber shops, spas and salons will remain closed. Stepping out of homes between 7 PM to 7 AM, except for essential services, will be prohibited.
3. Pvt Offices Allowed to Open: Kejriwal |Private offices can open at full strength but they should try that most of the staff works from home. Markets can also open but shops will open on odd-even basis. Sports complexes and stadiums can open but without spectators, announces Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
4. Construction activities have also been permitted in Delhi but only with labourers who are in the national capital right now, announces CM Arvind Kejriwal.
5. Shops can reopen in Delhi and buses, autos and taxis can run with limited passengers, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said today, adding that the lockdown would be extended till May 31.
6. Markets will open on an odd-even basis but shops selling essential items can open every day.
7. Autos, e-rickshaws, cycle rickshaws only with one passenger allowed
8. Taxis, cabs allowed with two passengers
9. Driver needs to sanitise the area after every passenger gets off
10. Car-pooling not allowed.
11. Essential service providers to be allowed across borders
12. Social distancing to be maintained at all places
13. Masks to be worn at all times
14. Buses to not have more than 20 passengers
15. Cars to have only two passengers
16. No pillion riders on two-wheelers
17. Markets will open on odd-even basis
18. Shops have to maintain social distancing
19. Industries will open but with staggered timings
20. Weddings with 50 people allowed, funeral with 20 people
21. Within containment zones only essential services allowed
22. Barbershops, spas and saloons to remain closed for now.
23. Stepping out of homes between 7 pm to 7 am, except for essential services will be prohibited.
24. Taxis & cabs will be allowed but only 2 passengers at a time in a car.
25. Metro trains, schools, colleges, shopping malls and swimming pools to remain closed in Delhi.
26. Religious gatherings not allowed in Delhi till May 31.
SOURCE: Times of India/ Financial Express/Economic Times/NDTV/Press release/MHA Order
Disclaimer: The Article is based on the Relevant Provisions and as per the information existing at the time of the preparation. In no event I shall be liable for any direct and indirect result from this Article. This is only a knowledge sharing initiative.
The Author – CS Deepak Seth (Associate Partner at Helpinghands Professionals LLP) and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9910248911.