KIND ATTENTION- Members facing difficulty in registering themselves as “Tax professionals” in the e-filing portal
As the members are aware, e-filing of Tax Audit Reports has been made mandatory from the AY 2013-14 onwards vide Notification No. 34/2013 dated 01-05-2013. In order to e-file Tax Audit Report a Chartered Accountant requires to register himself in the e-filing portal as a “Tax professional”.
The Direct Taxes Committee of ICAI has been intimated that issues are being faced by the members in registering themselves in e-filing portal due to mismatch of their Date of Birth and/or name. This mismatch may be on account of various reasons like wrong date of Birth in PAN, wrong date of Birth in ICAI records, different name in the PAN vis-a-vis ICAI records etc.
In order to successfully register in the e-filing portal, members facing such issues are required to get the Date of Birth or name corrected if the same is required, so that there is no mismatch in future. For example, if the date of birth mentioned as per educational records ( noted by ICAI) is not the date of birth mentioned in PAN card, the procedure to change the Date of Birth in PAN card is required to be followed. Also, if the name mentioned in ICAI records is different than members name mentioned in PAN card due to change of name post marriage or punching error etc., the procedure for change of name in ICAI records or PAN card, as the case may be, is required to be followed.
A- In case of mis-match in name
1. The member can change his name by furnishing an Affidavit duly sworn before 1st class magistrate/notary public stating the correct name member desires to be recorded by ICAI.
B- In case of mis-match in date of birth:
1. The date of birth recorded in the ICAI, based on the educational records, will not be changed. In such cases the date of birth mentioned in PAN card needs to be rectified by the member concerned.
2. Pending rectification in the PAN card, the member can furnish the following documents to the Institute:
(a) Self attested copy of the existing PAN card.
(b) Self attested copy of application submitted for rectification in PAN card.
(c) Undertaking by member to furnish the rectified copy of PAN card to the Institute on or before 15th December, 2013.
3. The documents mentioned in para (2) above are to be submitted to the concerned decentralized office of ICAI, in hard copy or soft copy (digitally signed) to the following respective email ids:
|Decentralized office||Email Id|
Thereafter, the Institute will take on record the PAN of the member and in turn send it to DGIT (Systems).
4. Upon receipt of PAN of the member from the ICAI, the member will be permitted to be registered as “Tax professional” in the e-filing portal. It will take around 5 working days for a member to register himself as Tax Professional after submitting the information to the ICAI.
In case, the member, after giving declaration for filing the rectified PAN with ICAI does not provide a self attested copy of the changed PAN card by 15th December 2013, to ICAI without any reasonable cause, the same may result in unfavorable consequences for giving wrong undertaking in this regard.
PLEASE NOTE: To facilitate smooth e-filing of tax audit reports this facility is available only upto 30thSeptember, 2013.