Employee Company Secretary Identification Number ( eCSIN ) -Guidelines 2019 are Approved by the ICSI Council on 27th June 2019 and these areSubject to the Clause (1) of the Part II of the Second Schedule to the Company Secretaries Act, 1980
Objective of the eCSIN Guidelines 2019
(1) to monitor the appointment and cessation of Company Secretaries in Employment as CS in Whole-time Employment under the provisions of the Section 203 read with relevant rules of the Companies Act, 2013 and
(2) to bring more transparency by creating a platform to identify the Company Secretaries employed in a particular company.
(3) to update their professional address simultaneously in the Institute’s Register of Members maintained in terms of Regulation 3 of The Company Secretaries Regulations, 1982.
Applicability of the Guidelines
eCSIN shall be generated by the Company Secretary-
a. at the time of employment as a Company Secretary-
b. as well as at the time of demitting office in any manner (resignation/removal/ retirement/disqualification).
How to generate eCSIN “Step by Step Procedure”
1. The member of the ICSI shall visit the designated website, create a login id and password by entering the Membership Number, Phone No., Email id, AADHAR, Income Tax PAN, and such other particulars as may be mandated.
2. The login id would be verified through an electronic application
3. The eCSIN shall be a system generated random alphanumeric number
4. No document is required to be uploaded.
5. eCSIN shall be shared only on registered Email id of the Members or through electronic mode.
6. Following Shall be disclosed at the Time generation of eCSIN
7. No fees for generation of eCSIN
What is use of eCSIN ?
1. eCSIN is to be Qouted at the time of filing of form DIR-12 in terms of Section 203 of the Companies Act, 2013 and the Rules framed there under.
2. The same is mandatorily required to be quoted on the consent letter and resignation letter / cessation letter to be attached with the form DIR-12.
1. Only Members with an active membership shall register.
2. One member can have only one active eCSIN at any given point of time.
3. Regulatory bodies and other stakeholders may verify the authenticity of eCSIN by visiting the designated website.
1. Quoting eCSIN on the consent letters to be attached with the form DIR12 shall be mandatory for members entering into employment as Company Secretary w.e.f. 1st October, 2019 and till that time the same shall remain recommendatory.
2. The members in respect of whom form 32 under the provisions of erstwhile Companies Act, 1956 or form DIR-12 under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 has been filed upto and including 30th September, 2019 shall mandatorily be required to generate eCSIN not later than 31st December, 2019.