F No. 187/4/2021-ITA-I
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Direct Taxes)
North Block, New Delhi – 110001.
Dated the 2nd January, 2021
Subject: Order under Para 3 of the Faceless Penalty Scheme, 2021, for assignment and disposal of penalty cases under the scheme- regarding.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes in exercise of powers conferred under Para 3 of the Faceless Penalty Scheme, 2021 hereby directs that all the penalty cases initiated under the Income-tax Act, 1961, pending as well initiated subsequently, is assigned to the National Faceless Penalty Centre to be disposed by the National Faceless Assessment Centre (read as NeAC) in accordance with order under para 4 of the Scheme, dated 20.01.2021 (F. No 187/3/2020-ITA-I), except provided as hereunder :-
i) Penalty proceedings in cases assigned to Central Charges;
ii) Penalty proceedings in cases assigned to International Tax Charges; and
iii) Penalty proceedings arising in TDS charges.
2. This order shall come into force with immediate effect.
3. The Hindi version of this order shall follow.
(Gulzar Ahmad Wani)
JCIT (OSD), ITA-1
1. PS to FM/OSD to FM/PS to MoS (R)/OSD to MoS(R)
2. PS to Secretary(Finance)/ (Revenue)
3. Chairman, CBDT 86 All Members, CBDT
4. All Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax / Principal Director Generals of Income-tax.
5. Chief Controller of Accounts, New Delhi
6. All Joint Secretaries/CsIT, CBDT
7. Web Manager, 0/o Pr.DGIT(Systems) with request to upload on the departmental website.
8. Commissioner of Income-tax (Media & TP) and official Spokesperson, CBDT, New Delhi.
9. Secretary General, IRS Association/ Secretary General, ITGOA/ All India Income Tax SC & ST Employees’ Welfare Association / Income Tax Employees Federation (ITEF).
10. JCIT, Data-Base Cell for uploading on irsofficersonline.org.
11. ADG (Systems)-4 for uploading on the website of Incometaxindia.gov.in.
Gulzar Ahmad Wani)
JCIT (OSD), ITA-1