GOVERNMENT OF NCT OF DELHI
DELHI DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
No. F. 60/DDMA/COVI-19/2021/461
Whereas, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) is satisfied that the NCT of Delhi is threatened with the spread of COVID-19 epidemic, which has already been declared as a pandemic by the World Health Organization and has considered it necessary to take effective measures to prevent its spread and issued various orders/instructions from time to time to all authorities concerned to take all required measures to appropriately deal with the situation in NCT of Delhi;
2. And whereas, Delhi Disaster Management Authority has issued Order No. 457 dated 07.2021 with regard to prohibited/restricted activities with effect from 05:00 AM on 26.07.2021 till 05:00 AM on 09.08.2021 in the territory of NCT of Delhi;
3. And whereas, Delhi Disaster Management Authority has issued Order No. 460 dated 08.2021 vide which the permitted / prohibited / restricted activities shall be as per levels of alert specified in the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) for effective management of COVID19 in NCT of Delhi. Clause 14 of the said GRAP order also provides that DDMA may make necessary amendments / modifications in respect of aforesaid plan or any other activities as per the situation assessed from time to time to meet exigencies in the interest of management of COVID-19 situation;
4. And whereas, the status of COVID-19 in NCT of Delhi has again been reviewed and it has been observed that though the overall number of COVID-19 patients & positivity rate has declined considerably and the overall situation has improved, due caution and care has to be continued so that adequate standards of COVID Appropriate behavior continues to be followed and any such activity, that can lead to surge in cases, is allowed only after rigorous and due
5. Now, therefore, in exercise of powers conferred under section 22 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee, DDMA, GNCTD, hereby directs that in the territory of NCT of Delhi (outside Containment Zones), the prohibited/restricted activities shall be as specified in the Annexure-A enclosed with this order, w.e.f. 09.08.2021 to 23.08.2021 or till further orders, whichever is earlier.
6. It is directed that all District Magistrates, District DCPs, Deputy Commissioners of Municipal Corporations / Officers of NDMC and Delhi Cantonment Board, Vice Chairman, DAMB & Secretaries of APMCs and all other authorities concerned shall be responsible for ensuring COVID Appropriate Behaviour viz. wearing of masks, maintaining social distancing, regular hand washing and use of sanitizer, maintaining health hygiene, no spitting etc. in all Shops, Malls, Markets, Market complexes, Weekly Markets, Restaurants & Bars, Mandis, ISBTs, Railway platforms / Stations, Public Parks & gardens, Entertainment Parks, Swimming Pools, Gymnasiums & Yoga Institutes, Spa & Wellness clinics, Cinemas / Theaters / Multiplexes, Auditoriums / Assembly Halls, Banquet Halls / Marriage Halls, Stadia / Sports Complexes, Slum areas as well as at all areas identified as hotspots for transmission of COVID-19 virus. It should be ensured that the people who visit these places strictly follow COVID Appropriate Behaviour and are wearing masks, maintaining social distancing etc. without fail. If the aforesaid norms of COVID Appropriate Behaviour are not maintained at any establishment/ business premises/weekly market, then such premises/ weekly market shall be liable to be closed for containing the spread of COVID-19 virus and the defaulter shall also be liable for criminal prosecution under the relevant laws.
7. It is further directed that the Market Trade Associations (MTAs), Banquet Halls / Marriage Halls Associations, Gymnasiums & Yoga Institutes Associations, Weekly Market Associations, other Trade Associations and Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs) shall also be responsible for ensuring compliance of COVID Appropriate Behaviour by all shops, malls, markets, market complexes, offices, weekly markets, restaurants & bars, public parks & gardens, Gymnasiums & Yoga Institutes, Spa & Wellness clinics, Banquet Halls / Marriage Halls and residents within their respective areas. All District Magistrates, District DCPs and other authorities concerned shall take strict action against the defaulting persons, as per the applicable laws and rules, including closure of such establishments / business premises / weekly markets/ public parks & gardens.
8. Additional Chief Secretary (H&FW), GNCTD, Commissioner, Delhi Police, Pr. Secretary (Revenue), Director (Education), all District Magistrates of Delhi & their counterpart District Deputy Commissioners of Police and all other authorities concerned are directed to ensure strict compliance of this order and to take all requisite actions for effective implementation of the extant directions of MHA, Govt. of India issued vide Order dated 29.06.2021 (extended upto 31.08.2021 vide Order dated 28.07.2021, copy enclosed) regarding management of COVID-19 viz. Monitoring of COVID cases at district level, Containment, Health Infrastructure upgradation, Testing, Analysis of bed occupancy (oxygen and ICU beds), Monitoring Mechanism, Test-Track-Treat-Vaccinate and adherence to COVID Appropriate Behaviour strategy, timely commissioning of PSA Plants in hospitals, adequate planning for availability of medical oxygen, availability of logistics, maintaining buffer stock of drugs, upskilling / reskilling of human resources, effective planning for vaccination focusing on prompt coverage of priority groups and hubs of economic activity etc as well as any further orders / directions issued by MHA, Gol. The authorities concerned shall adequately inform and sensitize the field functionaries about these instructions for strict compliance, in letter and spirit.
9. In case any person is found violating the aforesaid instructions, the defaulting person(s) shall be proceeded against as per the provisions of section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, Section 188 of I PC and other applicable laws.
Chief Secretary, Delhi
Copy for compliance to:
1. All Addl. Chief Secretaries/Principal Secretaries/Secretaries/HODs of Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
2. Chairman, New Delhi Municipal Council.
3. Chief Secretary (Health), GNCTD.
4. Commissioner of Police, Delhi.
5. Secretary (Revenue)-cum-Divisional Commissioner, GNCTD.
6. Secretary-cum-Commissioner (Transport), GNCTD.
7. Commissioner (South DMC/East DMC/North DMC).
8. Secretary (I&P) for wide publicity in NCT of Delhi.
9. MD, Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC), GNCTD.
10. Managing Director, DMRC Ltd., New Delhi.
11. Director (Education), GNCTD
12. Vice- Chairman, Delhi Agriculture Marketing Board, GNCTD.
13. CEO, Delhi Cantonment Board.
14. All District Magistrates of Delhi.
15. All District DCPs of Delhi.
16. Director, DGHS, GNCTD.
Copy for kind information to:‑
1. Secretary to Hon’ble Lt. Governor, Delhi
2. Secretary to Hon’ble Chief Minister, GNCTD
3. Secretary to Hon’ble Dy. Chief Minister, GNCTD
4. Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Health, GNCTD
5. Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Revenue, GNCTD
6. Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Labour, GNCTD
7. Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Social Welfare, GNCTD
8. Secretary to Hon’ble Minister of Food & Supply, GNCTD
9. Staff Officer to Cabinet Secretary, Gol
10. Special Secretary (UT), MHA, Gol
11. Chief Secretary (UD), GNCTD
12. Chief Secretary (Home)/ State Nodal Officer for COVID-19, GNCTD
13. All members of State Executive Committee, DDMA, GNCTD
14. System Analyst, 0/o Divisional Commissioner, Delhi for uploading of the order on website —ddma.delhigovt.nic.in
15. Guard file
GOVERNMENT OF NCT OF DELHI
DELHI DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
1. The following activities shall be prohibited throughout the NCT of Delhi:
(i) All schools, colleges, educational / coaching institutions etc. will remain closed [except for the activities permitted in point No. 2 (xvii) below]. Online / distance learning shall continue to be permitted and should be encouraged.
(ii) All social / political / sports / entertainment / cultural /religious / festival related gatherings and congregations.
(iii) Banquet Halls (except for marriages as per condition prescribed below in point No. 2).
2. The following activities shall be permitted with restrictions as specified below. No permission is required from any authority for undertaking the following permitted activities:
(i) All Standalone (single) shops and all Neighbourhood (colony) shops and shops in residential complexes, shall be permitted to open on all days without any distinction of essential and non-essential goods / services. However, the timings of such shops dealing with non-essential goods / services will be between 10 AM to 8 PM.
(ii) All Markets, Market complexes and Malls shall be permitted to open between10 AM to 8 PM.
(iii) Restaurants are allowed upto 50% of the seating capacity from 08 AM to 10 PM.
(iv) Bars are allowed upto 50% of the seating capacity from 12 Noon to 10 PM.
The owners of the Restaurants and Bars shall be responsible for strict adherence to the prescribed SOPs and all instructions / guidelines issued by Gol / GNCTD from time to time as well as compliance of COVID Appropriate Behaviour (viz. wearing of masks, maintaining social distancing, regular hand washing and use of sanitizer etc.) to contain the spread of COVID-19 virus. In case, any violation is found, strict penal /criminal action shall be taken against the owner of the restaurant / bar.
(v) Cinemas/Theaters/Multiplexes are allowed upto 50% of the seating capacity.
(vi) Auditoriums / Assembly Halls are allowed upto 50% of the seating capacity.
(vii) Business to Business (B2B) exhibitions will be allowed only for business visitors.
(viii) Transportation by Delhi Metro shall be allowed with 100% seating capacity of coach. No standing passenger shall be allowed.
(ix) Transportation by buses: Intra-State (within NCT of Delhi) movement of buses (DTC as well as Cluster) shall be permitted with 100% seating capacity. In the case of buses, boarding shall be allowed only from the rear door while de-boarding shall be allowed only from the front door. No standing passenger shall be allowed.
(x) Public transport such as Autos & e-rickshaws (upto 2 passengers) / Taxis, Cabs, Gramin Sewa & Phat phat Sewa (upto 2 passengers) / Maxi cab (upto 5 passengers) / RTV (upto 11 passengers) shall be allowed.
(xi) Funeral / last rites related gatherings shall be permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons.
(xii) Marriage related gatherings shall be permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons.
The owners of the banquet halls, marriage halls, hotels etc. shall be responsible for ensuring strict compliance of COVID Appropriate Behaviour (viz. wearing of masks, maintaining social distancing, regular hand washing and use of sanitizer etc.) to contain the spread of COVID-19 virus. In case, any violation is found, strict penal /criminal action shall be taken against the owner of the premises as well as against the individual and the premises shall be sealed forthwith.
(xiii) Religious places shall be permitted to open but no visitors will be allowed.
(xiv) Stadia I Sports complexes will be permitted to open without spectators, subject to strict compliance SOP dated 29.01.2021 issued by Govt. of India and other instructions/guidelines issued by Gol / GNCTD from time to time as well as strict
adherence of COVID Appropriate Behaviour (viz. wearing of masks, maintaining social distancing, regular hand washing and use of sanitizer etc.) to contain the spread of COVID-19 virus.
(xv) Spas will be permitted to open subject to following conditions / restrictions:
a) There shall be strict compliance of the conditions specified in the Office Memorandum dated 18th November, 2020 of MoH&FW in respect of Spas. Six (6) feet distance shall be in general maintained between clients and employees. Insofar as the service providers i.e., therapists etc. are concerned, they shall maintain all standards of hygiene, masking etc., as set out below.
b) In addition, considering the nature of services provided in spas, all employees in such establishments shall undergo two dose of COVID-19 vaccination or fortnightly RTPCR test, especially the therapists who are likely to come in close contact with the clients.
c) All therapists and other employees, as also the visitors, shall be subjected to thermal temperature checks and if anyone shows any symptoms, they would not be permitted entry in the establishment.
d) All service providers shall wear face shields and masks while providing therapy. For treatments which are longer than 30 minutes, a PPE kit should also be worn in addition.
e) Clients should preferably wear masks to the extent possible, considering the nature of services which are availed of.
f) All visitors/clients shall sign a declaration form to the effect that they have not contracted COVID-19 and if they have, they have tested negative. The establishments are permitted to take a written consent form accepting the risks that may be involved for clients/visitors.
g) Tools including clothing, other apparel, towels etc., used for clients shall be sanitized after each and every treatment.
h) It shall be ensured that hygienic conditions are maintained in the spas and other safeguards in force for salons shall also be adhered to by the spas.
The owners of the Spas shall be responsible for ensuring strict compliance of aforesaid conditions as well as COVID Appropriate Behaviour (viz. wearing of masks, maintaining social distancing, regular hand washing and use of sanitizer etc.) to contain the spread of COVID-19 virus. In case, any violation is found, strict penal /criminal action shall be taken against the owner of the Spa as well as against the individual and the premises shall be closed forthwith.
(xvi) All authorized weekly markets shall be allowed subject to the strict compliance of SOP (already circulated) and all instructions / guidelines issued by Gol / GNCTD from time to time to contain the spread of COVID-19. No unauthorized weekly market shall be allowed to function. If in case it is found by any field officer of DDMA that COVID Appropriate Behaviour or prescribed SOPs / Guidelines are not being followed in any Weekly Market then such Weekly Market shall be closed forthwith by District Magistrate / Zonal Deputy Commissioner of Municipal Body concerned without any loss of time so as to completely avoid and prevent any upsurge and likelihood of next wave in NCT of Delhi.
RT-PCR / RAT test of vendors I customers of weekly markets shall be conducted on random basis by the District Magistrate concerned regularly. In case of positive test report, action should be taken as per the protocol prescribed by the Health Department, GNCTD with regard to quarantine, contact tracing, treatment etc.
(xvii) The following two activities are permitted in schools subject to strict adherence of guidelines to be issued by Directorate of Education, GNCTD:
The Directorate of Education shall issue appropriate guidelines with respect to the above mentioned two permitted activities to ensure that COVID appropriate protocols are followed and children’s safety is ensured.
3. All other activities will be permitted, except those which are specifically prohibited / However, in Containment Zones, only essential activities shall be allowed.
4. There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods including those for Cross-land border trade under Treaties with neighboring countries. No separate permission / approval / e-pass will be required for such movements.
5. In the containment zones, all measures shall be taken strictly as prescribed by MoHFW, Gol as well as H&FW Department, GNCTD, in letter & spirit by all authorities concerned.
6. The permitted / restricted activities shall be allowed subject to strict compliance of SoPs issued by Gal and GNCTD from time to time.
Government of India
Ministry of biome Affairs
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated 28th July, 2021
In exercise of the powers, conferred under Section 10(2)(1) of the Disaster Management Act 2005, the undersigned hereby directs that the Order of Ministry of Home Affairs of even number dated 29th June, 2021, to ensure compliance to the containment measures for COVID-19, as conveyed vide Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) DO No. Z.28015/85/2021-DM Cell dated 28th June 2021, will remain in force upto 31st August, 2021.
Union Home Home Secretary
and, Chairman, National Executive Committee (NEC)
1. The Secretaries of Ministries/ Departments of Government of India
2. The Chief Secretaries/Administrators of States/Union Territories (As per list attached)
i. All Members of the National Executive Committee
ii. Member Secretary, National Disaster Management Authority