‘e-Filing Vault’ – An Enhanced Security for e-Filing Account
To secure your e-Filing account against any fraudulent activity, ‘e-Filing Vault’, a two level authentication has been introduced to add an additional layer of security for secured access.
e-Filing Vault limits the options for ‘Login’ and ‘Reset Password’ to secure the e-Filing account from possible misuse by adding a second level of authentication.
Perform the following steps to enajgat-Filinalwr –
1. Login to the Income Tax e-Filing portal, ‘www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in’
2. Go to the ‘Profile Settings’ menu.
3. Click ‘e-filing Vault – Higher Security’ link.
4. Select from the following Login with Higher Security options:
User can select the desired option(s) to secure the account. On Success, in addition to User id and Password, the user will be prompted to use the selected option(s) for login or to provide the additional validation required to continue with the login.
5. Select from the following options to Lock the Reset Password:
6. Validate by generating OTP where ever applicable.
7. Click ‘Proceed’ and ‘Confirm’ the selected option(s).
A success message will be displayed and your e-Filing account is more secure now.
The selected options can be modified anytime and the e-Filing vault can also be disabled by deselecting all the selected options by performing the above steps.