It is advised to choose the correct ITR form in order to avoid further notice of defective return. Following forms below gives you insight to file correct ITR form as per Nature of Income and Status of person A.Y. 2020-21:
ITR 1: (SAHAJ)
1. Resident Individual whose total income does not exceed 50 lakhs can use this form for return filing
2. Having income from Salaries, from one house property and Income from other sources
3. Agriculture income does not exceed Rs. 5000
4. A director in a company cannot use Form ITR-1 for return filing
5. And an individual holding shares of unlisted company also can’t file return in ITR-1
6. An individual having foreign income or foreign assets cannot file return in ITR-1.
1. Eligible for Individuals and HUFs not having income from PGBP
2. But having Income from capital gain, Income from two house property and income from salary
3. Total Income is more than Rs. 50 lakhs
4. Holding directorship in a company at any time during the previous year
|Name of Company||Type of Company||PAN||Whether its shares are listed or unlisted||Director’s Identification Number|
5. Holding unlisted equity shares at any time during the previous year
6. Details of immovable and movable assets at the end of the year is to be disclosed if total income exceeds Rs. 50 lakhs and liabilities in relation to Assets
7. Details of Foreign Assets and Income from any source outside India
1. Individual or HUF or as a partner in a firm having Income from PGBP
2. Return may include Income from house property, Salary/Pension, Capital gains and Income from other sources.
3. This include both tax audit and non tax audit cases
4. It also include income under Presumptive basis taxation under section 44AD, 44AE, 44ADA whose total income does not exceed Rs. 50lacs
1. Applicable to Resident Individual, HUF, Firm(other than LLP)
2. It also includes those who have opted for the presumptive basis of taxation under section 44AD, 44AE, 44ADA whose gross total income does not exceeds Rs. 50 lacs. However, if turnover of business exceeds Rs.2crores, the taxpayer have to file ITR-3
3. Nature of income included: Income from Business and Profession, Income from Salary, Income from one house property (excluding the brought forward loss or loss to be carried forward cases), Income from other sources (excluding winning from lottery and income from horse races).
4. Note: An individual who is director in a company or has invested in unlisted equity shares cannot use this form.
1. Eligible for persons other than Individual, HUF, company and persons filing Form ITR-7 which means it is for
1. Eligible for companies other than companies claiming exemption under section 11
2. Key Changes in ITR-6 Form:
1. For persons including companies require to furnish return under sections 139(4A) or 139(4B) or 139(4C) or 139(4D) only