GSTN Press Release
GST-n-You: A Young Engg. Grad from Ahmedabad won Rs.1 lakh cash prize in the GSTN’s Contest
New Delhi: A young computer engineering graduate of 23 years Sh. VirajR. Raval of Ahmedabad has won a cash prize of Rs. One lakh as the first prize for his video “Benefits of Registering the Business under GST” in the GST-n-You, a creativity contest organised by GSTN to further highlight the significance of benefits of GST to the taxpayers, trade, industry and businesses, and common people besides encouraging information dissemination on the GST related issues through people’s participation and their creative aptitude.
Out of the 223 entries for GST-n-You, the contest which was open from 15th Sept to 15th Oct 2020, a total of 16 participants were adjudged as the winners under three prize categories. Four entries have been selected for the Second prize of Rs 50,000/- each and the winners in this category are Sh. Arun Vijayan of Thiruvananthapuram for his video on ‘Benefits of GST for Taxpayers and Consumers’, Sh. GautamMahanti of NaviMumbai for his creative graphic ‘Benefit of e-Invoice and SMS based EWB generation’, Sh. Shubham Jaiswal of Kanpur for his video ‘Benefits of GST for Taxpayers’, and Ms. Hensi Shah of Anjar in Kachchh for her video ‘Basic Concepts of Refund on Inverted Duty Structure’. Besides these, 11 other participants have been selected for the third position and have won a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- each. (Click for Complete list of winners)
Apart from these 16 cash prize winners, 14 more participants have been selected for the Certificate of Appreciation for their creativity and originality. The results along with the awarded entries of participants have been uploaded on the GSTN portal. The Awarded Entries of the contest GST-n-You are also uploaded on the YouTube channel of GSTN for the information dissemination to the taxpayers and other stakeholders besides public at large. However, these videos/creatives, etc. on the YouTube channel of GSTN are meant only for general information/guidance purposes. Such IEC material displayed here do not serve any legal purposes. (View all winning entries)
Due to Covid condition, the GSTN do not intend to organise any function to distribute the prizes to the winners. All the cash prizes will be given to the winners directly into their bank accounts and their certificates will reach them physically by Speed Post.
It may be recalled that GSTN provides IT infrastructure and services to the Central and State Governments, taxpayers and other stakeholders for implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
1. The Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) conducted a month-long GST-n-You contest 2020 from 15th September to 15th October, 2020 on the various initiatives and reforms undertaken by the Government on GST. The entries were invited in form of videos or static creatives.
2. The participants were required to submit their entries on benefit of GST. Some of the suggested topics were – One nation, one tax, one market; GST and reduced taxes on micro, small and medium scale enterprises; GST and automated compliance; GST and reduction of monthly household budget; movement of goods without check posts; How to register/file return on GST portal., better input credits to businesses under GST and the benefits to taxpayers, consumers and the country through the reforms.
3. By the contest, GSTN intended to directly engage with the stakeholders, encourage creative thinking and obtain an insight into the perspective of stakeholders. GSTN further reserved the right to use the entries for public education and awareness, for the entries made in the contest.
4. A total of 223 entries were received for the contest and after evaluation.16 participants were adjudged as winners under different categories. Apart from these, 14 participants were also selected for certificates. Entries of the winning participants have been uploaded on the YouTube channel of GSTN for the benefit of the taxpayers and other audience.
5. It is further clarified that the content has been created by the participants of GST-n-You Contest. GSTN has uploaded it for the benefit of taxpayers. GSTN has assessed them solely in terms of creativity and originality and these videos/ creatives are meant for general guidance purposes only. Information contained therein can’t be cited in a Court of Law or during any quasi-judicial proceedings, as reference.
6. To view the list of winners, click here
7. To view the entries, click here https://bit.ly/gst-n-you-contest
Winners of GST-n-You Contest, 2020, on Benefits of GST held by GSTN
GSTN conducted a contest ‘GST-n-You’, from 15th of Sep., 2020 to 15th Oct., 2020, which was open to all Indian nationals. Creative entries in form of static graphics or videos were invited on various themes related to Benefits of GST.
The contest received an overwhelming response from the participants across the country. Among the various entries received, winners were decided by a selection committee.
The videos/graphics submitted by winners can be accessed on the following link: https://bit.ly/gst-n-you-contest
The list of winners and certificate recipients is given below.
Disclaimer: The content has been created by the participants of GST-n-You Contest, organized by GSTN. GSTN has uploaded it for the benefit of taxpayers. GSTN has assessed them solely in terms of creativity and originality and these videos/ creatives are meant for general guidance purposes only. Information contained therein can’t be cited in a Court of Law or during any quasi-judicial proceedings, as reference.
Entry selected for FIRST Prize
|1||Viraj Raval||Ahmedabad, Gujarat||Video*||Benefits of Registering the business under GST|
|*Disclaimer: In the text, GSTN may be read as GSTIN. Threshold for business turnover cited may vary depending upon whether person deals in supply of Goods or Goods & Services both and also across States.|
Entries selected for SECOND Prize
|S. No.||Name (Sh./Ms.)||Place||Video/ Graphics||Subject|
|1||Arun Vijayan||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||Video||Benefits of GST for Taxpayers and Consumers|
|2||Gautam Mahanti||Mumbai||Graphics||Benefit of e-Invoice and SMS based EWB generation|
|3||Shubham Jaiswal||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh||Video||Benefits of GST for Taxpayers|
|4||Hensi Shah||Kachchh, Gujarat||Video*||Basic Concepts of Refund on
Inverted Duty Structure
|*Disclaimer: Commodities eligible/ not eligible for IDS refund are subject to change as per later Notifications.|
Entries selected for THIRD Prize
|S. No.||Name (Sh./Ms.)||Place||Video/ Graphics||Subject|
|4||Thara ss||Thiruvananthap uram, Kerala||Video||Impact of GST on Prices|
|2||Pallavi Bapurao Deshmukh||Nashik,
|Graphics||Subsummation of Taxes under GST|
|3||Ayushi Jain||Delhi||Video||Positive impact of GST on SMEs & Start Ups|
|Banswara, Rajasthan||Video||Benefits of GST- Subsummation of Indirect Taxes|
|Video||Impact of GST on prices|
|Video||Regular and Composition taxpayers under GST and their Returns|
|South East, New Delhi||Video *||Benefits of GST to Taxpayers and the Country|
|*Disclaimer: Service in Voice Over may be treated as Services|
|Video *||Various Benefits under GST|
|*Disclaimer: Signal in text may be read as single|
|9||Charles Richard||Kolathur, Tamil Nadu||Graphics||Advantages of E Invoicing|
|10||Ashmi B||Mumbai, Maharashtra||Video||GST Interactive Technical Assistant on GRP|
|11||Anish Vora||Bhavnagar, Gujarat||Video||An Overview of GST|
Entries selected for CERTIFICATE
|S. No.||Name||Place||Video/ Graphics||Subject|
|1||Abhishek Bhardwaj||Begusarai, Bihar||Video||Various Concepts of GST|
|Video||Benefits of GST for Stakeholders|
|3||Sagar Malhotra||Faridabad, Haryana||Video *||Basic steps of Filing Form GSTR-3B on GST Portal|
|*Disclaimer: OTP sent to your mobile no. may be read as OTP sent to registered mobile no. and E mail id.|
|4||Sneh Raj||Patna, Bihar||Video||Benefits of GST for Common Citizens|
|*Disclaimer: The tax rates being cited in the video are not comprehensive|
|Mumbai, Maharashtra||Video*||Basic steps of Filing Form GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B on GST Portal|
|*Disclaimer: Creative visualisation of GSTR Returns has been used and it does not replicate the actual functionalities on the portal.|
|6||Babita Mittal||New Delhi||Video||Basic steps of Applying for registration on GST Portal|
|7||Ashish Sharma||Sikar, Rajasthan||Video*||Basic steps of Filing Form GSTR-1 on GST Portal, Basic steps of Filing Form GSTR-3B on GST Portal|
|*Disclaimer: Service written in text may be read as Services|
|8||Arihant Jain||Delhi||Graphics||Concepts and process of generating e Invoice|
|9||Ravichandran||Vellore, Tamil Nadu||Video*||Automation of Compliances through GST|
|*Disclaimer: GST Law Times may be considered a VAT book|
|Mumbai, Maharashtra||GST Registration with and without of Aadhar Authentication|
|11||Sresth Vikramaditya||Delhi||Video||GST as Indirect tax and its benefits|
|12||Somya K||Jaora, Madhya Pradesh||Video||Benefits of GST due to reduction in prices|
|13||Anand V Achu||Thiruvananthapura m,Kerala||Video||Compliance mechanism under GST|
|14||Vivek Awasthi||Delhi||Video||Benefits of GST for Taxpayers|