Articles below will help readers on how to Search GST Number in India.
Know Search Verify Your GSTIN GST Number, Know Your GSTIN GST Number, Verify Your GSTIN GST Number, Search Your GSTIN GST Number,GST number search india
Know Your GSTIN GST Number : Under Goods and Service Tax Act, each tax payer will be allotted a state wise PAN based 15 digit GSTIN Number. GSTIN is described as Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number.
- The first two digits represent the State in the Country where such registration is allowed. As an illustration in terms of the Indian Census 2011 the unique two digit code of “09” has been allotted for the State of Uttar Pradesh while “27” has been allotted for the State of Maharashtra, so on and so forth.
- The second set of 10 digits would be the Permanent Account Number (PAN) allotted by the Income tax department for each Legal entity.
- The 13th digit would be alpha-numeric (1-9 and then A-Z) and would be assigned depending upon the number of Registrations a legal entity (having the same PAN Number) has within the State. To illustrate, a legal entity with single registration within the State would have “1” as its 13th digit of GSTIN. If the same legal entity goes for a second registration for a second business vertical in the same State, the 13th digit of GSTIN assigned to this second entity would be “2‟. This way 35 business verticals of the same legal entity can be registered within a State.
- The 14th digit of GSTIN would be kept BLANK for future use.
- The 15th Digit will be the check digit.
I hope that article has helped readers Search their Search GST Number in India.
Check New GST Rate List 2017 here
Join Taxguru’s Network for Latest updates on Income Tax, GST, Company Law, Corporate Laws and other related subjects.
Review us on Google