1. Due Date of filing FORM GST CMP-08 for the quarter January to March, 2020 extended to 07.07.2020
2. Due Date of filing Form GSTR-4 for FY 2019-20, extended to 15th July 2020.
3. Taxpayers who have to opt for Composition Scheme for FY 2020-21 can do so by filing Form CMP-02 by 30th June 2020.
4. Such Taxpayers can file Form ITC-03 and pay the Tax on the Stock, by 31st July 2020.
1. Due Dates not extended
2. No late fee to be levied if GSTR-1 for the months of March 2020, April 2020 and May 2020 (Monthly cases) and Quarter January to March 2020 (Quarterly cases) is filed by 30th June 2020.
Due Dates not extended for months Feb, Mar, April. However certain relaxations given:
Taxpayers having aggregate Turnover of Rs. 5 Crores or more in preceding FY
Taxpayers having aggregate Turnover of Rs. 1.5 crore to Rs. 5 Crores in preceding FY
a. Feb 2020 : 29th June 2020
b. Mar 2020 : 29th June 2020
c. April 2020 : 30th June 2020
Taxpayers having aggregate Turnover of upto Rs. 1.5 crore in preceding FY
a. Feb 2020 : 30th June 2020
b. Mar 2020 : 3rd July 2020
c. April 2020 : 6th July 2020
1. The applicability of Rule 36(4) regarding restriction of availment of ITC in respect of Invoices not appearing in 2A, has been deferred for months of Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, July and Aug 2020. The said restriction shall now apply cumulatively for the above periods while filing GSTR-3B for Sep 2020.
2. If the validity of E-way Bills generated expires during period 20th March 2020 to 15th April 2020, the validity of such e-way bills extended till 30th April 2020.
3. Extension of Time limit for other compliances under GST Act, which were due during period 20th March 2020 to 29th June 2020, to 30th June 2020.
4. Extension applicable to completion of any proceeding or passing of any order or issuance of any notice, intimation, notification, sanction or approval etc.
5. Extension also applicable to filing of any appeal, reply or application or furnishing of any report, document, return, statement or such other record.
6. Extension also applicable to filing for GSTR-7 Return.
7. Extension will not be available for following compliances:
a. Chapter IV (relating to Time of Supply/ Value of Supply)
b. Persons opting out of Composition due to crossing of threshold limit
c. Liability for Registration
d. Issue of Tax Invoice
e. Generation of E-way Bills
f. Powers to arrest, Penalty for certain offences, Detention seizure of goods and conveyances in transit.
Relevant GST Notifications
|CBIC extends due date for furnishing GSTR-3B for May 2020 Month||Notification No. 36/2020-Central Tax||03/04/2020|
|CBIC extends Due date of GST compliance & validity of e-way bills||Notification No. 35/2020-Central Tax||03/04/2020|
|Due date to furnish CMP-08 & GSTR-4 extended for March Quarter||Notification No. 34/2020-Central Tax||03/04/2020|
|Conditional waiver of late fee for delay in furnishing FORM GSTR-1||Notification No. 33/2020-Central Tax||03/04/2020|
|Conditional waiver of late fee for delay in furnishing FORM GSTR-3B||Notification No. 32/2020-Central Tax||03/04/2020|
|Lower GST interest Rate only on timely filing of FORM GSTR-3B||Notification No. 31/2020-Central Tax||03/04/2020|
|GST Composition Scheme for FY 2020-21 can be opted till 30.06.2020||Notification No. 30/2020-Central Tax||03/04/2020|